RBC Direct Investing celebrates new name and online enhancements with cash incentive for clients
Direct investors who transfer in assets can earn one per cent cash
TORONTO, October 2, 2006 — RBC Financial Group’s direct investing company RBC Direct Investing (formerly known as RBC Action Direct) is offering direct investors a one per cent cash incentive if they transfer a minimum of $25,000 in cash or securities from an outside investment dealer into a new or existing account held at RBC Direct Investing. The incentive offer marks the launch of a new name for the RBC company - effective September 30, 2006 - and new enhancements and features to its online site.
The limited time offer will reward clients with a one per cent cash incentive for transfers completed between October 2 and November 30, 2006, up to a maximum of $2,500 per account, or $10,000 per client. In addition to the cash incentive for these transfers, clients will be reimbursed with up to $125 in transfer fees when they move their investments into RBC Direct Investing, and the annual administrative fee for registered accounts with a market value of $25,000 or more will be waived.
“We believe that if our clients are investing with us, it’s important for us to invest in them,” said Doug Coulter, president and CEO of RBC Direct Investing. “Specifically, we have developed a number of new service enhancements and features, to coincide with the official launch of our new name, which more clearly describes the services we provide. We are inviting both new and existing RBC clients to see what we have to offer and to give them an opportunity to grow their portfolio with us.”
RBC Direct Investing’s site enhancements provide more information, and better tools, including:
* real time account positions and cash balances along with the ability to view account total value and gains or losses in real-time
* level two quotes for active traders allowing them to view how many shares are available at prices below the highest bid or shares offered for sale above the lowest asking price for the NASDAQ,TSX and the TSX venture exchanges
* an Online Security Guarantee providing a 100 per cent guarantee to fully reimburse clients for direct losses from their RBC Direct Investing accounts as a result of unauthorized online transactions.
More improvements in accessibility and functionality will be introduced later this fall including:
* a stock insight tool to provide fundamental stock research, analysis and comparisons
* a multiple quotes page where you can view streaming quotes for up to 15 stocks on one page
* a technical analysis tool that charts technical patterns and presents the results in an easy to understand format.
“Our clients rely on us for support to become more successful and confident investors,” added Coulter. “We’re focused on constantly improving their direct investing experience and providing clients with fast, safe, reliable and convenient service. This is a very exciting time in our history and will further differentiate us as industry leaders - both in the eyes of our existing clients, and potential clients.”
For more information about RBC Direct Investing’s products and services, as well as the cash incentive offer, visit: www.rbcdirectinvesting.com.
About RBC Direct Investing
RBC Direct Investing, one of Canada’s leading discount brokers, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada and a member of CIPF. RBC Direct Investing provides a broad range of investment products, tools and resources for investors who prefer to manage all or a portion of their investment portfolio. Clients have access to their investment 24/7 online or by phone and can choose from a broad range of investment products including stocks, bonds, GICs, T-bills and over 2,500 mutual funds. Visit our website at www.rbcdirectinvesting.com.
- Contact Information
- Kathy Bevan
- Media Relations
- RBC Financial Group
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.