Fantasy Football Players Can Manage and Track Their Players Wherever They Go on Their Sprint Mobile Phone
Sprint powers fastest delivery of player information that fantasy football players need to stay ahead of the competition
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — 09/27/2006 - Fantasy football players can now manage and follow their teams on the go. And only Sprint (NYSE: S) has the power to wirelessly offer the player and statistical information fantasy players crave - as the action unfolds. With real-time statistics, text alerts with official NFL injury reports and scoring, the ability to manage their team when away from their desktop, and other relevant updates, fantasy players get more information and get it faster from Sprint.
In addition to NFL Mobile and NFL.com Fantasy Companion from Sprint - both exclusive to Sprint customers - several additional made-for-mobile applications are now available providing the ideal and customizable companion for today’s fanatical fantasy football players.
NFL Mobile from Sprint, a groundbreaking innovation in mobile sports entertainment, is customizable to a fantasy football player’s roster or for specific teams. With information updated within two seconds of game action via NFL Mobile, fantasy football players can get the fastest wireless delivery of NFL information by choosing to receive text alerts that will be sent to their Sprint phone every time a player on their team scores. Only Sprint customers can claim bragging rights when it comes to being first to know with real-time NFL player stats and scores. In addition, only Sprint can deliver a comprehensive package of exclusive NFL video and audio highlights available at the touch of a button.
NFL Mobile from Sprint can be downloaded by texting NFL to 7777 or via the Vision or Power Vision home deck. NFL Mobile is free to Sprint PCS Vision® and Sprint Power Vision(SM) subscribers, with select phones.
In addition to NFL Mobile, Sprint customers can choose from any of the following applications to help manage their fantasy teams. Some applications may be available on select Sprint or Nextel phones, using the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Sprint Power Vision Network, or the Nextel National Network.
* NFL.com Fantasy Companion - Exclusive to Sprint customers this Java-based application powered by Hands-On Mobile, allows users that play fantasy football on NFL.com to manage their team and access their team and league information wirelessly from their Sprint phone - just like they would from their desktop computer. NFL.com Fantasy Companion costs $3.99 per month.
* Fantasy Football Starters - Regardless of which site you use to play fantasy football, Fantasy Football Starters, a WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) site powered by Ready-Set-Go Fantasy Sports, allows users to analyze their fantasy football team’s roster, predict statistics for an upcoming game, predict fantasy points based on scoring system and provide recommendations on which players to start or bench for the upcoming week. Fantasy Football Starters costs $4.99 per month.
* Fantasy Football Companion by CBS SportsLine - A Java-based application powered by Hands-On Mobile, Fantasy Football Companion by CBS SportsLine allows users that play fantasy football on CBSSportsline.com to manage their team and access their team and league information wirelessly from their Sprint phone. It costs $3.99 per month.
* Fantasy Sports Edge (FSE) - From GoTV Networks, is the ultimate in fantasy sports. Users can tune in anytime to view the latest video highlights, team-by-team breakdowns, draft tips, and daily trade and rumor reports, as well as get commentary and updates from leading fantasy sports resources Rotowire.com and Sporting News Radio. In addition, users can customize and track up to three teams per sport - up to four leagues - with the “My Lineup” feature. FSE can be purchased for $5.99 per month through the “Applications” and “Media Player” menus. To gain access to FSE, fantasy sports enthusiasts can text “FSE” to 44688 or visit www.gotvsports.com.
About Sprint Sports Content
Sprint continually produces wireless data services that are first, better and unique - and the company’s sports offerings are a distinct example of this leadership. Sprint’s sponsorship of NASCAR’s premier series, the NEXTEL Cup, and the National Football League yield compelling and exciting content for Sprint customers, such as:
NFL Mobile, which provides:
* Exclusive mobile access to NFL video and audio game highlights;
* A live stream of NFL Network and exclusive mobile access to NFL Films;
* Real-time Gamecenter, providing up-to-the-minute details for every player and every game.
A variety of NASCAR NEXTEL Cup mobile exclusives, including:
* NASCAR NEXTEL FanView, a next generation scanner and the industry’s first at-track wireless device providing exclusive access to fans in the stands;
* NEXTEL FanScan, which provides in-car team communication during each NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series??? race via Sprint Nextel phones;
* Driver ringers, call tones, screen savers and telecards which enable fans to personalize their phones with content from their favorite NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
- Contact Information
- Dave Mellin
- Media Contact
- Sprint Nextel
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.