SAP Unveils Customer Service Capabilities with Third Wave of SAP® CRM On-Demand Solutions
British Gas Business Among Companies Realizing Benefits of “CRM Without Compromise”
SAN FRANCISCO - September 26, 2006 - Continuing its commitment to providing customer relationship management (CRM) solutions that are simple, flexible and comprehensive, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the availability of the third wave of its SAP® CRM on-demand solutions, successfully meeting its quarterly product roadmap laid out in February of this year (see February 2, 2006 press release, titled “SAP Unveils SAP CRM On-Demand Solution”). With the new SAP® Service on-demand solution, service managers can quickly consolidate and track service tickets, establish rule-based escalations for fast follow-up and better adhere to service-level agreements to help improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. SAP also today unveiled additional capabilities for the existing SAP CRM on-demand solutions, including new sales automation features for product and quotation management. The announcement was made at SaaScon 2006, being held in San Francisco, California, September 25-27, 2006.
The new customer service capabilities in the SAP Service on-demand solution include:
* Service Ticket Management – allowing service agents to manage customer service tickets comprehensively, comply with service-level agreements and increase customer satisfaction. The solution enables multi-level categorization, rule-based service-level determination and due-date calculation, as well as rule-based service ticket distribution to service teams.
* Rule-Based Service Ticket Distribution – enabling service ticket distribution based on priority, status, product and account type.
* Service Level Monitoring – helping agents specify the business time frame of service availability to better track and improve compliance with service level agreements (SLA).
Ongoing improvements to the SAP® Sales on-demand solution include new capabilities that allow sales managers to better identify and price specific product offerings to meet customer requests using:
* Product Support – allows detailed product information to be quickly uploaded from and integrated directly into mySAP™ ERP, enabling product definitions and attributes to be easily accessed and leveraged in all facets of sales, marketing and service processes.
* Quotation Management – empowers sales professionals to quickly assign products to customer quotes, track quotations issued to customers, manage pricing and discounts, and export all quotes to Excel spreadsheets to ease quote management and increase overall order acceptance rates.
The SAP CRM on-demand solutions provide customers with flexible deployment options and a shared code base across on-premise, on-demand and hybrid models, supporting both quick time-to-value and strategic CRM initiatives, and allowing customers to chose the right CRM solution to meet their business needs.
British Gas Business (BGB), the leading supplier of energy to businesses in the UK, has made the decision to adopt the SAP CRM on-demand solution.
“Our business strategy is to deliver outstanding customer service as a platform for growth,” said Ian Peters, managing director, BGB. “We needed a solution that would help us manage the totality of our customer relationships from prospect onwards. Our people will have full sight of our customer interactions, leading in time to a fully integrated sales and marketing support system. SAP Service on-demand was the clear choice.”
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Copyright © 2006 SAP AG. All rights reserved. SAP, R/3, mySAP, mySAP.com, xApps, xApp, SAP NetWeaver and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Data contained in this document serves informational purposes only. National product specifications may vary.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
- Contact Information
- Iris Eidling
- SAP AG
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.