Orange launches unik: a new generation of telephone
Paris, September 25, 2006
* With unik, Orange is the 1 st operator to offer its customers genuine convergence
* An unrivalled offer: a single telephone, a single number, a single address book, at home or on the move
* With Livebox, enjoy unlimited calls 7/24 to all fixed lines in France and Orange mobiles
Launching first in France where it will be available from 5th October 2006, unik is a telephone that, as well as offering standard mobile communication, offers unlimited calls to fixed lines and Orange mobiles when you are near a Livebox at home or at work.
The unik phone will be rolled out across other Orange European markets including the Netherlands, UK, Spain and Poland. Each market will tailor its proposition to meet specific customer and market needs.
Speaking on the launch of unik, Didier Lombard, President and Director General of the France Télécom group, declared “The commercial launch of unik announces the advent of a new generation of telephones. Today, people use the phone in a different way. With broadband, the use of Internet, mobiles, Voice over IP, and high definition technologies for sound and vision, our communication habits are changing very rapidly. unik re-invents the telephone, by unifying fixed and mobile worlds. This offer has no equivalent on the market and is also the first real convergence offer, dreamed up, developed and commercialised by the group under the Orange brand, and the result of the work of our Technocentre. unik will allow our customers in France, and shortly in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain and Poland, to live this heralded new telecommunications experience in their daily personal and professional lives”.
unik re-invents the telephone.
It brings together the best of the fixed and mobile worlds in a single handset: a single phone, a single number (starting 06), a single address book, the best network and the best price.
* At home or in the office, the mobile handset connects to the Livebox by WiFi and all communication transits through the Internet network, offering perfect cover, at home or in the office, and allows unlimited calls 7/24 to all fixed lines in Metropolitan France and Orange mobiles.
* Outside, unik operates as a standard mobile. Calls are charged according to the customer’s usual Orange plan.
unik offers real continuity of service.
A call started with unik via the Livebox automatically switches over to the Orange mobile network, as soon as you leave the house, without cutting you off (handover). Screen icons keep customers constantly informed of the network connection.
A call that you started at home remains included in your unlimited offer, even when you step out of the house. It is also possible to connect several unik telephones to the Livebox and make up to three simultaneous outgoing calls in unlimited mode, confirming unik’s status as a new-generation personal telephone.
With new Orange, France Télécom consolidates its integrated operator strategy and marks a fundamental stage in its promise of simplicity and convergence making live easier for customers in mobility, at home or in the office.
In France, unik will initially be a limited edition, reserved for the first 100,000 customers and will be available with a mobile plan in 2 options:
* Unlimited calls 24/7 from the mobile connected to the Livebox to fixed lines in France: EUR10/month
* Unlimited calls 24/7 from the mobile connected to the Livebox to Orange mobiles and fixed lines in France: EUR 22/month
unik needs an Orange broadband subscription, a Livebox and one of the three specific handsets in the unik range from EUR 99 (UMA technology):
- Nokia 6136
- Samsung P200
- Motorola A910
To enjoy all that unik has to offer, simply
* Go to the site www.unik.orange.fr and follow the step-by-step guide
* Or call the dedicated customer service: on 700.
- Contact Information
- Caroline Ponsi
- France Telecom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.