XP Software Announces 2-Dimensional Modeling in xpswmm Version 10
9/22/2006 Portland, OR — XP Software, a world leader of hydrology and hydraulics software, announces two-dimensional (2D) modeling, a major enhancement to its flagship product xpswmm.
“Engineers can now utilize embedded digital terrain modeling (DTM), and a proven 2D hydrodynamic modeling engine with xpswmm’s traditional 1D modeling in a single environment,” says Tony Kuch Vice President of Software Applications. “It allows the modeler to reliably evaluate the extent of urban and rural flooding in a visually appealing way that even non-technical observers can appreciate.”
Xpswmm users now have all the tools needed to predict the extent and duration of flooding while assessing the ability of technologies and management practices to mitigate flooding. xpswmm provides an environment for building 2D models that simulate urban stormwater, sanitary sewers, river flooding and pollutant transport.
As a stormwater management tool, 2D models are more accurate and produce results that are more readily understood and accepted by managers and other decision makers.
• Analyzing trouble spots in an existing 1D network - simulating surface flooding, its flow path and its recession after the storm.
• Analyzing tidal surges, dam breaks and breaches on 1D storm/sewer networks - the impact of surface flooding on an existing 1D network can be simulated far more accurately.
• Analysis of dual drainage - modeling of a road/subdivision design is enhanced with the ability to interactively simulate parallel flow paths.
• Analysis of broad surface drainage - perfect application to design and analyze drainage of carparks, commercial sites, golf courses, etc.
• Analyzing impact of flooding of non-connected 1D models - ideal for analyzing the impact of cross surface flooding on adjacent non-connected 1D models such as parallel rivers, drainage canals, irrigation systems, etc.
• Flood hazard mapping - A perfect tool to map the extents of surface flooding (depth and velocity) that can be used to develop emergency response procedures and to design engineering solutions to mitigate the impact of the flooding.
All purchases of XP Software include 12 months free product upgrades & technical support. Comprehensive training classes are also held around the world.
About XP Software
XP Software is a world leader of hydrology and hydraulics software products. Since 1974 the company has maintained a tradition of excellence in the development and support of hydro-environmental applications.
- Contact Information
- Fenner Brownell
- Sales & Marketing Manager - North America
- XP Software
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.