Fall Workshops at Anatomy in Clay® Centers in Denver Begin Oct. 1
Two workshops include collaboration with Colorado Learning Center of Human Anatomy
Denver, CO — Sept. 22, 2016 — Anatomy in Clay® Centers today announced a full schedule of workshops for Fall, 2016 that will give students the chance to study a broad variety of joints and body systems including the ankle, knee, shoulder, arm, wrist, elbow, hip and pelvic floor.
All the classes will be taught by Anatomy in Clay® founder Jon Zahourek using his innovative Anatomy in Clay® Learning System.
The classes are for all individuals interested in anatomy and zoology, no matter their age, preparation, level of education, or motivation.
The systems of the body are built from the inside out, on scale-model skeletons. Zahourek’s models allow participants to see and touch the physical evidence, the “how” and “where” of muscle attachment and function. Muscle activity is compared and tested with the real-life forms of the individuals building them in clay.
The workshops include:
- Saturday Oct. 1, Ligaments of the Knee and Elbow (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, Ligaments of the Ankle and Wrist (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Oct. 12, Ligaments of the Shoulder and Hip (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 22 and 23, Clay & Cadaver: The Arm -- Anatomy in Clay® in collaboration with Colorado Learning Center of Human Anatomy (CLCHA) (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, Pelvic Floor (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, Muscles of the Ankle (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 12, Muscles of the Knee (9 a.m. to noon)
- Monday, Nov. 14, Human Face (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 19 and 20, , Clay & Cadaver: The Leg -- Anatomy in Clay® in collaboration with Colorado Learning Center of Human Anatomy (CLCHA) (8 a.m to 5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, Muscles of the Shoulder (5:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, Dec. 3, Comparative Head Anatomy (9 a.m. to noon)
Continuing Education credits are available. To register, visit Brown Paper Tickets (http://www.brownpapertickets.com/) and enter “Anatomy in Clay” in the search to access details on any of the workshops above. Space is limited.
About the Anatomy in Clay Centers
The non-profit Anatomy in Clay Centers seeks to “promote and conduct anatomy education using an innovative method of instruction” in order to “empower self-discovery in each of us by forming anatomy with our own hands.” The Anatomy in Clay® Centers is located one block south of the Evans Light Rail Station at 2207 S. Delaware St.
Call 720-570-7820 or email email@example.com anatomyinclaycenters.org. Members of the media interested in learning more about the Anatomy in Clay Centers may contact Mark Stevens ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-495-8699).
- Contact Information
- Mark Stevens
- Mark Stevens Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.