Saudi Telecom Company Cloud Is More Agile With Juniper Networks Contrail
National Operator Is Pioneering Network Function Virtualization Application for Dynamic Customer Solutions
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest telecommunications company in the Arab world, has deployed Juniper Networks® Contrail Networking to create automated, best-in-class cloud services for its customers. STC is pioneering the use of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) in the region, enabling it to offer customers accessible, dynamic online services and applications rapidly. This approach is also expected to increase STC’s business agility and revenue growth.
With dedicated cloud services powered by Contrail Networking, STC now has a fully scalable, flexible resource to sell to subscribers and customers on-demand as their IT requirements evolve and change. Contrail Networking enables full automation, better scalability, security and flexibility for STC’s NFV-based cloud computing services.
- Juniper Networks Contrail Networking is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly scalable virtual networks. It interoperates with an OpenStack cloud orchestration platform, enabling the agile creation and dynamic scaling of service instances with high availability and reliability. Contrail has been recognized as the most widely used commercially available SDN Controller in OpenStack deployments for the third consecutive year by OpenStack Users Survey.
- STC’s new Contrail Networking-based service platform reduces time-to-market for new customized services, applications and functions by connecting virtual resources located across private and public clouds.
- Contrail Networking creates and orchestrates easy-to-manage virtual overlay networks that integrate seamlessly with STC’s physical systems.
- STC is expecting increased international growth opportunities with the simplified roll-out of new virtualized services.
“At STC, we have a ’customer-first’ approach. We aim to earn our customers’ trust and enrich society with comprehensive, innovative services and solutions. The network, underpinned by advanced NFV and automation capabilities, can deliver substantial value to our customers by providing the agility, speed and simplicity that today’s businesses require. Juniper is an ideal partner with the same customer-centric approach, providing us with state-of-the-art technology for our cloud-based offerings.”
- Dr. Tarig M. Enaya, senior vice president for enterprise at Saudi Telecom Company
“Using virtualization technologies to build a programmable NFV platform that creates agility and automation can provide the competitive edge for service providers operating in an increasingly competitive market. Juniper Networks is committed to supporting STC at the forefront of the telecom industry in the Middle East by helping to create a differentiated customer experience.”
- Adrian Pickering, vice president, Middle East and Africa at Juniper Networks
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- Juniper 1on1 app: Stay up to date with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Junos and QFabric are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/2/204320/204320-1.png )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.