Recycle Foam Waste for Free at 7301 East Speedway
With holiday clean up in full swing, a local leader in sustainability is speaking out in an effort to keep Styrofoam waste out of area landfills.
Most people don’t realize that Styrofoam is not on the accepted list for the blue bin and tossing it curbside into a trash or recyclable container places an undue burden on area landfills. At Fairfax, we use densifyer equipment to condense the foam into compressed blocks which can then be recycled into new products." - Jason Tankersley, CEO
The Fairfax Companies, a leader in sustainability, is now accepting various foam materials for recycling at its Speedway Recycling and Landfill Facility, 7301 East Speedway, Tucson, Ariz.
The announcement by Jason Tankersley, CEO of The Fairfax Companies, comes just as many Pima County residents are tempted to toss out tons of Styrofoam packaging that came into their homes over the holidays.
“Most people don’t realize that Styrofoam is not on the accepted list for the blue bin and tossing it curbside into a trash or recyclable container places an undue burden on area landfills,” said Tankersley.
“At Fairfax, we use densifyer equipment to condense the foam into compressed blocks which can then be recycled into new products,” Tankersley said.
To be a good steward of the environment, Tankersley offers neighbors the following advice:
- Take the time to recycle foam waste during this holiday season and all year round at 7301 East Speedway.
- Clean foam materials can be dropped off at no charge.* Styrofoam mixed with any other materials (such as cardboard, plastic or green waste) will be charged at standard landfill rates of $30 per ton.
- Accepted foam materials include: EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), XPS “Styrofoam” (Extruded Polystyrene), PSP (Polystyrene Paper, i.e. Food trays and cups), EPE (Expanded Polyethylene), and EPP (Expanded Polypropylene).
- Polystyrene Packing Peanuts are accepted if secured in a clear plastic bag.
- Not Accepted: PU (Polyurethane) foam (i.e. Egg-Carton Foam, used commonly in bedding padding), Biodegradable Packing Peanuts (Biofoam or corn/sorghum-based).
*Commercial customers are advised to contact The Fairfax Companies in advance to confirm materials and terms.
Approved foam products are accepted at 7301 East Speedway (end of Prudence Road) Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Saturday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm (closed Sunday). For photos of accepted materials, visit www.TheFairfaxCompanies.com. Questions? Call 520-290-8588.
- Contact Information
- Emily Rockey
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- The Fairfax Companies
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.