Allergy Prevention Tips for Healthy Homes and Offices in Puerto Rico
Zimmetry Environmental provides indoor allergen and air quality testing services for residential and commercial properties across Puerto Rico.
People with many of the most common types of indoor allergies don’t need to continuously suffer. Testing services can quickly pinpoint the presence of specific indoor allergens so that corrective actions can be taken.
For most people, the majority of their time is spent at home and at their place of business. For those with allergies, both of these indoor environments can often be a source of allergens that cause or aggravate their condition.
Millions of people have respiratory allergies, asthma or COPD. Exposure to common indoor allergens such as mold, dust mites, latex, pollen, pets, rodents and cockroaches can trigger health concerns for many of them. Fortunately, indoor environmental testing and consulting services are available that can help identify these known allergens so that steps can be implemented to eliminate or reduce people’s exposure to them.
“In Puerto Rico, Zimmetry Environmental has been offering these services for over 14 years,” said Harry Pena, President of Zimmetry Environmental. “People with many of the most common types of indoor allergies don’t need to continuously suffer. Testing services can quickly pinpoint the presence of specific indoor allergens so that corrective actions can be taken. The end result is a healthy indoor environment and dramatically reduced allergy symptoms.”
The experts at Zimmetry have provided the following simple steps that can be taken to reduce allergen levels in a home or office. They include the following:
- Dust frequently, but do not simply aerosolize the dust during cleaning.
- When cleaning, use products that do not emit harsh chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Vacuum using a machine with a HEPA filter.
- Regularly wash bedding and children’s stuffed animals in hot water to control dust mite concentrations and to remove other allergens.
- Have drapes and window blinds cleaned on a regular basis.
- Install quality furnace filters and regularly change them. Consider using a portable air filtration device, but steer clear of machines that produce ozone.
- Be sure the property is properly ventilated so that pollutant concentrations do not build up indoors and that excessive humidity can exit the building.
- Keep the home or building cool and the relative humidity low to decrease mold growth and dust mite populations.
- If allergic to outdoor pollen, keep windows closed during times with high pollen counts.
- Check for signs of leaks and water damage throughout the entire property.
- Don’t allow smoking indoors.
- Minimize or eliminate the use of candles and air fresheners.
- Don’t leave food out that could attract cockroaches or rodents.
- Keep indoor plants to a minimum if people are allergic to pollen or mold that can grow on the plants or in their containers.
Zimmetry also recently sponsored an educational video with tips for a healthy indoor environment for allergy sufferers that can be seen at: https://youtu.be/hfKSZOOu_E0
To learn more about Zimmetry Environmental and their indoor air quality, allergen, environmental, or compliance testing and consulting services, please visit www.zimmetry.com, call (787) 995.0005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Zimmetry Environmental
Since 2002, Zimmetry Environmental has been providing environmental consulting services to building owners and managers, architects, engineers, EHS professionals, and Fortune 500 companies. The company is based in Puerto Rico and provides services across the Caribbean and Central America. The professionals at Zimmetry offer environmental compliance, indoor air quality, asbestos, lead-based paint, Phase I ESAs, and general environmental consulting services.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/12710/201589/201589-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Paul Cochrane
- Cochrane & Associates, LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.