Barry Callebaut Crafts the Chocolate Experiences of Tomorrow at FIE
At FIE 2015 in Paris (Dec 1 – Dec 3), Barry Callebaut reaffirms its position as the Global Chocolatier and turns global consumer insights and industry trends into new products and concepts for the increasingly discerning mass market consumer. At the Barry Callebaut Studio, visitors will be able to experience live and firsthand the exciting chocolate experiences of tomorrow, as interpreted by Barry Callebaut’s top chocolatiers.
“Craft, Create and Collaborate” is the rallying cry for Barry Callebaut as it looks ahead to 2016 and beyond. Based on extensive studies into consumer and industry trends, Barry Callebaut is convinced that the mass market is ready for breakout enticing innovations.
“We see a huge gap between what consumers experience at the high-end of gastronomy and what is available in the mass market,” says Bas Smit, Head of Marketing. “It’s our goal as the Global Chocolatier to help our customers bridge that gap with innovations, concepts and fresh ideas. At FIE, we invite everyone to stop by and get a sneak peek at what we’re cooking up for next year.”
Notably, Barry Callebaut indicates the following Benefit Territories as areas where tomorrow’s consumer will expect food brands to offer tailored and compelling innovations:
- Wholesome Choice—for Millennials and Healthy Agers: Health is a hot topic both for Millennials and Healthy Agers. Consumers demand tasty food, but at the same time, they expect food to help them maintain energy levels, prevent diseases and ageing, and uphold an active lifestyle.
- Clean, Clear, Responsible: for food brands, “clean and clear is the new green.” Consumers no longer trust claims and labels at face value, but expect brands to be responsible and transparent throughout the production chain—all the way to a purposeful proposition.
- Premium versus Value: brands will have to trade up or trade down, but being stuck in the middle is the best guarantee to becoming obsolete. Storytelling will drive desirability in the premium segment.
- MY chocolate dreams: today’s consumer lives in a highly customizable world—and expects no less from food. Step into the challenging but exciting world of food expressing your personality.
Here are the creative chefs who will showcase how food trends of today and tomorrow can be translated into a chocolatier’s creation at the booth:
- Julie Sharp, Chef Chocolatier, Banbury Chocolate Academy
- Paul Morel, Mixologist
- Gerard Taurin, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Glacier, Champion du Monde de Glace par Equipe
- Ryan Stevenson, Pastry Chef & Top Chocolatier (2x Belgian winner World Chocolate Master)
- Martin Diez, Chef Chocolatier and Pastry
Find more information about the chefs here
The different Benefit Territories will be showcased during separate “jam sessions” in the Studio:
Tuesday December 1
- Morning – Wholesome Choice
- Afternoon – MY Chocolate Experiences
Wednesday December 2
- Morning – MY Chocolate Dreams
- Afternoon – Premium
Thursday December 3
- Morning – Clean, Clear, Responsible
- Afternoon – Premium
Please come and visit us at the Barry Callebaut Studio in Hall 6, Booth 6K16
Follow the Barry Callebaut Group:
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/2/201145/201145-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.