BNI Executive Director of Geelong and Melbourne Networking Groups Reveals Five Networking Tips to Ensure Business Success
BNI executive director, Braith Bamkin shares how a small business can achieve greater profitability by utilising networking skills.
Stop and think about the people who have helped you in your life. You will notice that those people are the ones to usually take a step back, and they don’t go on about how wonderful they are.
For all the business strategies and opportunities available to entrepreneurs, joining a networking group to gain professional networking skills is one of the most powerful tools to learn and have. Given the correct environment and supportive community, networking can contribute to personal and professional growth, generate sales and encourage new leads within a business.
Executive director of BNI MWG – a networking organisation that boasts nine Geelong and Melbourne networking groups belonging to the global networking phenomenon BNI – Braith Bamkin, says the more committed people are to networking, the more effective it will become. “Professional networking is a great way to expand business knowledge, learn from others, grow your business and connect with new clients,” says Braith. “Networking isn’t for takers. The people who want to engage with and contribute to long term relationships survive. Successful networking is a long term process. To give is to gain; by helping others you ultimately help yourself.” www.bnimwg.com.au
To utilise professional networking, and the opportunities and possibilities it can provide, Braith offers five networking tips to business owners:
- Have a plan. “If you want to make networking part of your business, you will need to have a plan. You can’t just show up to networking events and throw business cards and hope one will stick. If everybody’s trying to sell something, there’s no one there to buy anything,” says Braith.
- Make strong connections with at least three people. “Try and meet three people that you can have a more in depth conversation with. Follow up on those people – maybe drop a note, ask for feedback, offer advice, offer recommendations on books or set up a time to have coffee... the more you invest, the easier it will be to leverage your network and expand your networking skills.” www.bnimwg.com.au
- Listen and learn from other people. “People think you’re fascinating when you ask questions, and they want to learn more about you. The more you try to learn about other people, the more successful you will be with professional relationships.”
- Don’t try and sell fast; it will turn people off quickly.
- Don’t make it all about you. Braith says: “Stop and think about the people who have helped you in your life. You will notice that those people are the ones to usually take a step back, and they don’t go on about how wonderful they are.”
BNI is the world’s largest networking organisation, with more than 5 500 members in Australia and 180 000+ all over the world in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about Braith’s Geelong and Melbourne networking groups, visit www.bnimwg.com.au.
About BNI MWG
Business Networking International (BNI) is a global networking organisation that offers members the benefits of connecting with like-minded people, and opportunities for business growth and increased profits. With about 180 000 members in over 60 countries, BNI is the most successful business referral organisation of its kind. Last year, Australian BNI members generated more than $350 million in business referrals through their participation. In that same period, BNI members worldwide passed more than US$7 billion, with $3.3 billion in new business alone.
Recently, BNI celebrated 15 years of operation in Australia with its proven strategy to increase business growth and profit. Attending a meeting is open to all business owners; simply complete a request by visiting www.bni.com.au.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/28453/200835/200835-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Braith Bamkin
- Executive Director
- BNI MWG
- (61) 425 211 094
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.