Fall Maintenance Tips for Healthy Commercial & Residential Buildings in Puerto Rico
Zimmetry Environmental provides advice to prevent property damage, increase energy efficiency and ensure a healthy indoor environment.
Fall is also an excellent time to inspect the condition of a home or commercial property and perform some preventive maintenance tasks.
One month into the fall season and many people across Puerto Rico are getting ready to decorate their homes and businesses for Halloween and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Fall is also an excellent time to inspect the condition of a home or commercial property and perform some preventive maintenance tasks.
Taking steps to be proactive with building issues now can prevent costly repairs and increase a building’s energy efficiency. Equally important, some of these tasks could help prevent indoor environmental issues associated with mold and moisture, carbon monoxide, and other health and safety concerns.
To help ensure a building is in good condition to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable place for building occupants, the building science professionals at Zimmetry Environmental recommend the following:
- Change filters for the HVAC system and consider having it checked by a qualified professional to ensure that it is operating properly and that air ducts are free of dust and debris.
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide sensors and change out the batteries.
- Remove leaves and obstructions from gutters and downspouts while ensuring that water is draining away from the building.
- Check the siding, roof and any skylights for any damage or areas that moisture could enter.
- Check windows for drafts and be sure they are properly sealed. Replace any worn weather stripping.
- Add insulation to any exposed hot water pipes.
- Check outdoor faucets for leaks.
- Trim trees that could cause damage to the property due to broken limbs.
- Clean outdoor air conditioner components.
- As cooler weather arrives and the property is sealed, consider having it checked for the presence of radon.
“These are just a few simple steps that property owners, managers and tenants should do on a regular basis to prevent water damage and mold growth, increase energy efficiency and to provide a safe and healthy indoor environment,” said Harry Pena, President of Zimmetry Environmental. “People living in Puerto Rico and across the Caribbean who suspect there may be conditions in their property, school or work environment that could be creating unsafe or unhealthy conditions can turn to Zimmetry Environmental for answers and solutions. Our building science experts offer comprehensive testing and inspection services. These services can identify, resolve and prevent unsafe environmental conditions in all types of properties.”
Zimmetry also recently sponsored a video with fall maintenance tips for a healthy indoor environment that can be seen at: https://youtu.be/aqkOFWnosC8
To learn more about Zimmetry Environmental and their building science, indoor environmental quality, and compliance and consulting services, please visit www.zimmetry.com, call (787) 995.0005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Zimmetry Environmental
Since 2002, Zimmetry Environmental has been providing environmental consulting services to building owners and managers, architects, engineers, EHS professionals and Fortune 500 companies. The company is based in Puerto Rico and provides services across the Caribbean and Central America. The professionals at Zimmetry offer environmental compliance, indoor air quality, asbestos, lead-based paint, Phase I ESAs and general environmental consulting services.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/12710/200527/200527-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Paul Cochrane
- Cochrane & Associates, LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.