Outdoorsy, The First Community-Driven Marketplace For RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers, Launches to Help Travelers Explore The Great Outdoors
Company provides owners and travelers with peace of mind by offering industry’s first-ever $1 million liability insurance policy
SAN FRANCISCO -- August 20, 2015 -- Outdoorsy the first community-driven global marketplace for renting RVs directly from local RV owners, today announced the launch of the first-ever community-driven marketplace bridging the gap between the fast-growing demand for rental RVs and the people who supply them. After a successful beta program in California, RV inventory will now be available for rent in all 50 states. Outdoorsy offers a secure platform that handles all phases of the transaction, including availability calendar, reservations, deposits, cashless payments, while offering 24-hour support to renters and owners. Now anyone can hit the road and enjoy the industry’s first $1 million insurance policy covering both domestic and international travelers.
The RV industry is a massive $32 billion market and growing at a record pace. More than 12 percent of American households own an RV but the majority will go unused 11.5 months out of the year. While owners’ investments sit idle in the driveway many carry the burden of loan payments, storage and maintenance costs that can exceed $16,000 annually. Outdoorsy recognized an opportunity to unlock these underutilized assets. The company has created a new platform for RV owners to recoup some or even all of their costs while providing unprecedented access for the 45.6 million Americans who camp each year, but who have been priced out of RV ownership.
RV rentals have traditionally been served by expensive brick & mortar dealerships and brokers. Outdoorsy’s community-driven, global marketplace bypasses those hurdles and connects passionate RV owners with individual renters to make it easy and safe for them to do business with one another.
The Outdoorsy.co platform offers a wide range of benefits to travelers, including:
· Easily search and discover a broad variety of RVs personally cared for by their owners that suit a variety of tastes and needs.
· Book an RV directly through Outdoorsy without the hassle of having to go through traditional RV rental call centers or manually search through paper directories.
· Communicate directly with owners who want to share their knowledge and often assist with advice and road trip itineraries.
· Save money and enjoy more frequent, unique vacations as RVing is a cost-effective way to travel (24-59 percent less expensive than traditional travel).
· Enjoy secure cashless payments direct-to-bank account with record of receipt.
For owners of RVs, Outdoorsy.co turns their idle asset into a money stream and allows them to realize potentially life-changing financial benefits. RV owners can:
· Earn up to $86,000 per year renting their RV(s)
· List their RV for free through a simple step-by-step process
· Handpick pre-qualified renters through reviewing profiles, ratings and reviews and remain in complete control of who rents
· Set rates and availability and only accept bookings they are comfortable with
· Receive secure direct payments made directly into their bank account
· Enjoy 24/7 customer service
· Be part of a community of people who want to travel the way they do.
“Over the last few years there has been a resurgence of people looking to reconnect with nature and detach from the constant connectedness of everyday life,” says Jen Young, co-founder of Outdoorsy. “At Outdoorsy, we aren’t just looking to create the next big thing in the sharing economy, we want to create a community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts who are looking to connect and share their experiences with others. With Outdoorsy, users can experience the open road wherever, whenever and however they want. ”
Outdoorsy was founded by a team of experienced professionals and travelers: Jeff Cavins, Jennifer Young, Tyler Burnell, and Ryan Quinn. Cavins is a well-known, serial entrepreneur and CEO. Ryan leads front-end development and represents the epitome of a digital nomad working and living from his ‘Vansion’ -- a cool vintage GMC. The company will also add Trevor Stout and Ollie Wagner, a former Apple designer responsible for the original UI and UX design of the iPad. Trevor and Ollie join the team to roll out Outdoorsy’s mobile app experience, coming in the near future.
Anyone that refers a family or friend who lists an RV on Outdoorsy will receive $125 in travel credit on Outdoorsy. RV owners who list on Outdoorsy this year will receive $500 cash for their first completed rental. To list your RV, rent an RV or to find out more please visit: www.outdoorsy.co
Outdoorsy is a community-driven global marketplace for renting RVs directly from local RV owners. The company’s mission is to mobilize the 16 million underutilized, idle RVs around the world, empowering owners to realize potentially life-changing financial benefits. For travelers, Outdoorsy means having access to the greatest selection of recreational vehicles and more choices than ever before – ensuring everyone has access, and opportunity to get outdoors. For more information please visit www.outdoorsy.co and come along for the ride on Outdoorsy’s Never Idle journal www.outdoorsy.co/neveridle/
- Contact Information
- James Christopherson
- Account Manager
- VSCpr for Outdoorsy
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.