AC Maintenance Tips to Keep Cool Offered by Nation’s Leading Public Adjusters
The building science and insurance claims experts at Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters help clients with all types of insured property damage claims.
Neglecting necessary maintenance could lead to a complete failure and ensures a steady decline in performance while energy use steadily increases.”
As the calendar approaches mid-August, many parts of the country have recently experienced sweltering summer temperatures. In response, millions of homes and businesses have been heavily dependent on their air conditioners to keep indoor temperatures cool and comfortable.
“Many people take their air conditioner for granted and don’t recognize the importance of this vital equipment until it stops working,” said Douglas Waldie, President of Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters, LLC. “Air conditioners require regular maintenance for the units to function effectively and efficiently throughout their years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance could lead to a complete failure and ensures a steady decline in performance while energy use steadily increases.”
The building science and insurance claims experts at Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters provide the following AC maintenance tips to keep the cool air flowing:
- Regularly change air filters. These are often easily accessible at the air returns that can be found in ceilings and walls. Some HVAC units may also have a filter at a fresh air intake or located in the actual furnace housing.
- Over time, air conditioner evaporator coils will collect dust and debris which will cause the unit to not work efficiently. This can also cause odors, support microbial growth and result in indoor air quality issues. With the unit off, evaporator coils should be regularly inspected and cleaned when necessary.
- The exterior condenser/compressor should be clean of debris. Keep materials stored outside and any plant growth at least 2 feet away to allow for adequate airflow. Clean the fins on the exterior unit and gently straighten any fins that have been bent. Also ensure the exterior unit is level as the pads these are located on can settle over time.
- Check the condensate drains for any blockages to ensure the unit works properly and a blocked drain doesn’t cause water damage and mold growth.
- At the end of the AC season, cover the outdoor unit to protect it from winter weather and any debris.
- If more than regular maintenance is required, consider hiring a reputable air conditioning contractor for service.
When a HVAC system or any part of a structure is damaged by an insured event, the professionals at Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters are available to help. Their experts assist policy holders with all types of insured property damage claims in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. These services ensure that their residential and commercial clients obtain a fair and comprehensive settlement to repair any property damages in a timely manner.
To learn more about how the licensed public adjusters at Hudson Douglas can professionally settle insured property claims quickly and for the fair maximum value, please visit www.HudsonDouglasPublicAdjusters.com, email claims@HudsonDouglas.com or call (800) 898-4290.
About Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters, LLC
With more than 50 years of experience in the construction and disaster restoration industries, the founders of Hudson Douglas Public Adjusters provide policy holders with professional representation to efficiently manage and settle insured claims. Hudson Douglas’s public adjusters are licensed to offer these services to residential and commercial customers in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/12710/199400/199400-1.png )
- Contact Information
- Paul Cochrane
- Cochrane & Associates, LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.