Harris Corporation Introduces New Line of Fibre Optic Test Equipment at IBC2006
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, September 8, 2006 — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) today announces the introduction of a new line of fibre optic test equipment at IBC2006. The new fibre optic products are the ideal, portable tools for field installations, routine inspection and maintenance of optical telecom and CATV systems, and for testing laboratories and research facilities.
“The introduction of these fibre testing products demonstrates our commitment to provide broadcasters with the tools they need to address their growing need to move large quantities of data — particularly as it applies to the emerging influence of telcos in the broadcasting space,” said Tim Thorsteinson, president of the Harris Broadcast Communications Division. “The new line of tools, combined with our existing line of OPTO+™ fibre optic processing products, gives Harris a solid foundation to build upon to address the requirements of this developing market segment.”
The new product line will initially include seven discrete models:
* The OFI-20B optical fibre identifier is a handheld, optical test instrument that identifies optical undamaged fibres by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through the fibres.
* The OLT-20A&B optical power meters support accurate testing of single-mode and multi-mode optical fibre systems.
* The PALMOTDR-S20 optical time domain reflectometer measures the length and defects of coiled optic fibres and has a large memory capacity to retain up to 300 test curves.
* The SLS-21 and SLS-25B stabilized laser sources provide a reliable laser source for numerous optical applications including engineering and research and development, as well as for equipment manufacturers.
* The OTM-20A&C optical test meters integrate a laser source and power meter into one tool for optical network test and maintenance.
* The VLS-20A is a visible light source. The unit outputs the visible red laser at 650 nm and facilitates the testing of optical fibres by finding breaks, verifying continuity and validating patch cables.
The new fibre optic test line is an extension of the Harris Videotek® product line, which represents more than 30 years of expertise in test and measurement technologies. The line provides operators of existing or emerging fibre optic networks a comprehensive offering of test and maintenance equipment with the level of quality and reliability associated with the Videotek® name.
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. With headquarters in Melbourne, Florida, the company has annual sales of $3.5 billion and nearly 14,000 employees — including more than 6,000 engineers and scientists — dedicated to the development of best-in-class assured communications™ products, systems, software and services. The company’s operating divisions serve markets for government communications, RF communications, broadcast communications, and microwave communications. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com.
- Contact Information
- Laura Whitaker
- Vice President, Marketing Communications
- Harris Broadcast Communications Division
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.