Dell Unveils new AppAssure Replication Target VM for Microsoft Azure Marketplace
• New VM offering for download from Microsoft Azure Marketplace enables AppAssure customers to easily replicate backups to the public cloud
• Offering enables efficient backup retention, reliable archive creation and flexible recovery
Dell Software announced the availability of its first-ever AppAssure™ Replication Target VM for Azure, giving AppAssure customers a simple, cost-effective method for replicating backups to the cloud. The new offering simplifies backup retention, archiving and recovery by creating a VM replication target for AppAssure backups in the Azure Cloud. Offered in the Azure Marketplace on a “bring your own license” basis, the AppAssure Replication Target VM for Azure enables organizations to leverage the cloud to better comply with company, industry, and government archive and retention requirements. The new offering also gives customers a simple alternative to costly and complex secondary and co-location sites, while providing a range of flexible options for recoveries of any size, from single files to entire systems.
Configurable, extended backup retention and archiving in the cloud
Existing or new instances of AppAssure or the AppAssure-based DL Series Backup and Recovery Appliance can replicate directly to the AppAssure Replication Target VM once it is deployed and ready in Azure. Benefits to customers include:
- Efficient, customizable backup retention – Replication is WAN optimized and built on incremental block-based forever architecture, delivering efficient utilization of bandwidth. The VM can be configured to retain replicated backups for customizable intervals independent of the source configuration. Replicated backups are immediately accessible, and customers can perform object-level recovery from any replicated snapshot.
- Reliable archive creation – The AppAssure Replication Target VM for Azure supports cloud archiving for long-term retention. AppAssure already features a cloud connector that automatically integrates cloud storage into the retention process. Now, in addition, backups on the AppAssure Replication Target VM can be automatically archived to Azure and accessed if necessary for recovery.
- Flexible recovery – Customers can use a variety of convenient recovery methods and tools, ranging from the AppAssure Local Mount Utility to the Microsoft Azure Import/Export service, depending on the amount of data to be recovered and the urgency of the recovery. Because all replicated backups are immediately accessible, data can quickly be recovered.
A single solution for reliable backup, replication and recovery
The new Replication Target VM for Azure is just the latest enhancement to Dell’s award-winning AppAssure offering. An advanced data protection technology that unifies backup, replication and recovery in a single, easy-to-use software solution, AppAssure enables organizations to restore operations after an incident almost instantly, with a recovery time objective of just minutes. With AppAssure, customers can perform automated recovery testing and verification of backups, restore a single file, message, or a complete machine, and recover from disasters by creating virtual standby VMs.
Now, with the ability to easily create a VM replication target for AppAssure backups in the Azure Cloud, customers can augment their existing backup strategy by quickly, easily and affordably creating an archive strategy for their long-term retention needs.
- The AppAssure Replication Target VM for Azure is available now in the Azure Marketplace. It’s free to existing AppAssure customers, who must bring their own AppAssure core license.
- Free one-month trial licenses for AppAssure software are available to those without AppAssure licenses.
- Dell AppAssure is available both direct and through channel partners.
Brett Roscoe, executive director and general manager, data protection, Dell Software
“The AppAssure Replication Target for Azure adds a critical component to an already market-leading set of capabilities for AppAssure customers. The solution makes it easy for customers to integrate Microsoft’s leading cloud capability into their backup strategies, allowing them to deploy a replication and disaster recovery target in minutes at a fraction of the cost of traditional replication techniques. Along with our AppAssure software and appliance offerings, this solution continues pushing the envelope in terms of the ease of use and capabilities we offer customers.”
Join us Oct. 20-22 at Dell World 2015, Dell’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/2/198894/198894-1.png )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.