Rainbows Empowering Women Reveals Important Link Between Exercise and the Brain, and how this Connection can be Utilised to Heal from Trauma
Rainbows Empowering Women, a Queensland based organisation that guides and supports victims of domestic abuse, shares five tips on how to create a healthy body and mind.
On a very basic level, exercise helps to energise the mind and the body, and if someone has experienced violence and abuse and needs to find a way to move forward, exercise will assist their mind so they can think clearly.
With an increase of diagnosed dementia – the disease is detected every four seconds globally – research into the brain has intensified in recent times. Through specific and thorough studies, a strong link between exercise and the brain has been found, with the health benefits seemingly far exceeding any previously held expectations.
A recent study conducted at the University of British Columbia showed that regular cardio exercise enhanced mood and sleep, and reduced stress and anxiety. It also improved memory and the ability to learn quickly and easily.
The health benefits of exercise, and the impact it has on the brain can also help domestic abuse victims during the healing process. After a traumatic experience or phase, the body and mind need to be nurtured through significant changes, as a person rebuilds their life and heals from the past. www.rainbowsempoweringwomen.com
Rainbows Empowering Women is an organisation that guides and supports victims of domestic violence after the crisis period. According to its director, Donna Ferguson, many people don’t realise the significant effect that regular exercise can have on the healing process. “On a very basic level, exercise helps to energise the mind and the body, and if someone has experienced violence and abuse and needs to find a way to move forward, exercise will assist their mind so they can think clearly,” says Donna.
“Fuelling the body and mind with the appropriate foods and exercise also gives space for growth, and gives strength to people learning how to change negative thoughts after a distressing situation. You’ve got to be healthy with your mind, body and soul to be able to leave the old life behind and make room for the new one.” www.rainbowsempoweringwomen.com
Donna presents these five tips on how to create a positive reality, with a healthy mind and body.
1. Eat properly – “We all know we are what we eat. By eating healthy and fresh food, your body becomes more productive and that will help reduce the feelings of lethargy and sluggishness,” says Donna. “Your mind then becomes clearer and your thoughts will become more positive. Eventually you will also start to either lose weight or feel more active which will also help you to feel stronger mentally. It’s only then that you can start to create more of the same.”
2. Exercise – “The link between exercise and the brain is extraordinary. If you can’t get to the gym, try and be creative around the house. Walk around in the yard for 10 minutes to start with. Do squats on the dining room chair or steps. Fill bottles of water up and raise above your head for 5 repeats on each side. Lay on the floor and do sit-ups,” Donna says. “There is no excuse for not being able to exercise. This will help to improve your mindset and attitude, and prepare you for the next stage of your life.”
3. Sleep well – “I know this is not always easy, especially for women facing domestic violence within the home, but when you can catch a cat nap during the day or when your partner is out of the house, being refreshed will help you to stay alert, focused and therefore safer,” says Donna. “Before you go to sleep at night and each morning when you wake up, say at least five affirmations that will help to bring you a better day. Your mind is the most powerful tool you have in your kit, so use it.”
4. Goals – According to Donna, it’s important to write notes or goals to keep on track with life’s direction. Find a picture that will help to visualise the goals. A visual impression of the new direction will help to stay focused.
5. De-clutter – Donna says, “To enjoy a healthy mind, body and soul it’s really important to focus on the positivity (no matter how minute it may be), and surround yourself with as many positive influences as possible. What’s within you is what you create on the outside.”
Above all, Donna says it’s important for victims of domestic violence to learn to love and forgive themselves, and remember the fault doesn’t always lie with them. “If you don’t learn to love yourself, forgive yourself or to have self-respect, then you will attract more of what you feel. If you feel bad energy within (for example anger or hatred, etc.) then this bad energy is what will come into your circle of life, and you will struggle to see how to attract love in your life again,” says Donna. “Your own self-talk is extremely important to stay healthy as well. So listen to what you say to yourself and start telling yourself that you are worth it and start to say affirmations daily to help you to stay positive.”
About Rainbows Empowering Women
Rainbows Empowering Women empowers women to become emotionally and financially free, to have the confidence to live the life they deserve. They aim to give women the confidence to achieve their goals, so they can do whatever they want in life and fulfil their dreams.
Rainbows Empowering Women offers a 7-step program to women that will help them strip back the layers of negative experiences as an adult and a child to remove the blockages to success and self-worth. The program includes learning how to become emotionally free and in control, build self-confidence and self-respect, unlock dreams and goals and become successful in life.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/28453/198707/198707-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Donna Ferguson
- Rainbows Empowering Women
- (61) 0403 311 157
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.