Mitsubishi Electric to Launch Red Laser Diode for Projectors
Emits industry-leading output power
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced today that it will launch a 638-nanometer-(nm)-wavelength red laser diode (LD) offering pulse operation output power of 2.5 W, the world’s highest level among 638-nm LDs used as light sources for projectors. Sales will begin this September 1. The 638-nm red laser light and highly efficient operation of the LD contributes to the laser projectors with the wide color expression range and low power consumption.
1) Unprecedented output power of 2.5 W at 638 nm under pulse operation due to improved LD structure
- High output power despite small package due to optimized layer structure and emitting-region size
- Pulse output power of 2.5 W is currently the world’s highest in the 638-nm band
- Pulse operation of up to 40% duty ratio (ratio of light ON time to whole time)
- Luminosity in red color from single light source exceeds 120 lumens due to lasing at short wavelength
- World’s recorded electrical conversion efficiency of 39% at 2.5 W at 25 degrees Celsius, helping to reduce power consumption
2) Wide operational temperature range thanks to new package
- Good heat dissipation due to use of a new transistor-outline can (TO-CAN) package with a diameter of 9.0 mm
- Emits 2.5 W under pulse operation within an operating range of 0 to 45 degrees Celsius
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/2/198492/198492-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.