HTC Launches GPS PDA phone, integrated with the latest TomTom Navigation Solution
September 7, 2006, Amsterdam – HTC, the world’s leading provider of Microsoft® Windows Mobile® devices, and TomTom, a leading navigation solution provider, today announced a new European partnership. HTC’s newly launched P3300 personal navigation device will be its first handset to feature the latest TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 software.
The announcement forms the initial phase of the deal which will see TomTom and HTC work closely together on future devices.
Florian Seiche, Vice President of HTC Europe, added: “Being able to offer added value to our customers is extremely important to HTC. Our strong emphasis on innovation combined with TomTom’s expertise in navigation technology will create a winning combination for HTC customers.”
“The HTC P3300 with TomTom’s NAVIGATOR 6 software will contain a wide array of features, software and maps that will offer European customers high performance navigation solutions,” said Eric Pité, the Vice President of Product Management at TomTom.
The P3300 is HTC’s first navigation-focused PDA Phone with a built-in GPS. This setup is an ideal solution for customers who need their PDA and navigation integrated into one personal device. Two-dimensional and three-dimensional maps are easy to install and view using HTC’s trackball and optimised 2.8-inch sharp colour screen.
The HTC P3300 will be available across Europe from October 2006 with preinstalled NAVIGATOR 6 software, featuring either a city map of choice or a complete set of maps for Western Europe.
Key features of HTC P3300:
* Microsoft® Windows Mobile 5.0 Operating System
* Standalone GPS functionality
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Bluetooth 2.0 and Wi-Fi
* Direct Push Email
* FM radio for the latest news and entertainment on the go
* HTC RollRTM (Trackball and Track Wheel) for easy viewing and navigation
Key features of TomTom NAVIGATOR 6:
* Contact navigation: Navigate direct to contacts stored in your address book
* Arrival time planning: Plan a route based on your desired arrival time
* Speeding alert: Notifies the driver if they’re speeding, even if they’re not in navigation mode
* Pre-installed Safety Camera database: The most up-to-date available list of safety cameras is pre-installed
* Realistic visual instructions: Visuals replicate road signs, making them easier to follow
* Pedestrian navigation view: 2D map which is fixed in one position to allow better orientation when navigating on foot
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.