Moovit Launches 4.0 for iPhone and Apple Watch to Help Transit Riders in 74 US Cities
Re-built from the ground up, new personalization features help iOS and Apple Watch users plan their trip, find the best routes, and get notifications about conditions in real time
Today, the intelligent local transit app Moovit unveils, Moovit 4.0, its newest platform for iOS and accompanying Apple Watch. The new version features a suite of new personalization controls and a re-engineered user interface. It also offers an enhanced level of engagement from its community of users with live reports, so riders get real-time notifications about conditions including station and vehicle crowdedness, cleanliness, live events, and even incidents.
Moovit 4.0 is compatible with the Apple Watch. This means users no longer have to pull their phones out of their pockets when they are rushing to find the best route – they can just simply glance at their wrist for routes, nearest stops, arrival times, and service alerts.
“Moovit users are savvy about using technology to make the public transit experience better for themselves and the entire community. We listened to their suggestions, and re-built the app from the ground up to address their specific needs and incorporate new devices like the Apple Watch,” said Alex Torres, vice president of global marketing for Moovit. “By providing the information that a user needs to their preferred device, we aim to create a transit experience free from the stress and worry of not knowing when your bus or train will arrive, what condition it will be in, and whether you’ll be late.”
With Moovit 4.0, iOS and Apple Watch users can more efficiently plan their journeys and experience a more enjoyable way to navigate their own, as well as foreign, cities. Moovit is available in all major U.S. cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston and San Francisco, as well as smaller cities like Reno and Gainesville, and is growing rapidly, quadrupling its user base in the past year.
New features of Moovit 4.0 include:
- Simplified Design & Improved Usability: Moovit 4.0 is optimized for riders on-the-go. Rebuilt from the ground up with community feedback, riders spend less time screen-tapping, so they can smoothly reach their destination faster.
- The Power of OmniSearch: The one-stop search box for any destination. Type a local address or POI to find the best transit options to your destination. Or search for any line in your city to see everywhere it can take you.
- Real-Time Notifications: With a single tap, the new En Route feature provides real-time ETAs to your destination and notifications about when to disembark.
- Live User Reports: Helping other riders has never been this easy. Improved User Reporting functions let riders share live transit conditions including line changes, facility conditions, incidents, and other circumstances that can affect everyone’s trips.
- Offline Support: Temporarily lost internet connection? No problem. Moovit stores any planned trip, including all of its directions and line information, maps and schedules for easy offline access when you need it.
The Apple Watch version of Moovit 4.0 will initially provide the following features, which will expand in the coming weeks depending on user feedback and usability:
- Nearby Stops: See an overhead perspective of your surroundings and which stops are nearby.
- Live Itineraries: Offers riders instant access to their favorite lines’ arrival and departure times, without ever having to pull their phones out of their pockets.
The Moovit app has everything you need to travel on public transport the smartest, speediest and easiest way possible. By combining information from public transport operators and authorities with live information from the user community, Moovit offers travelers a real-time picture and the fastest and the most comfortable routes. User Reporting functions even let riders share live conditions about their routes, including line changes, facility conditions, incidents, and other circumstances that can affect everyone else too. The more people use Moovit, the more real-time information concerning buses and trains is distributed.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/50960/197874/197874-1.png )
- Contact Information
- Stephanie Waxman
- PR Representative
- (1) 415-984-1970 x0117
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.