SAMSUNG Introduces New Premium Syncmaster 971P LCD Monitor
New 19-inch monitor combines unique design with seven Magic Technologies
IRVINE, Calif. - Sept. 6, 2006 - Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of professional LCD and PDP display products, today introduced its new premium monitor, the 19-inch SyncMaster 971P.
The 971P, which is part of Samsung’s award-winning line of SyncMaster displays, features up to a 1500:1 contrast ratio, 6ms (GTG) response time, 178/178 degree viewing angle, and 1280x1024 resolution.
In addition, the 971P features all seven of Samsung’s Magic Technologies that are available in the U.S.:
* MagicBrightII™: Optimizes brightness and contrast based on the specific application with the push of a button. Features Text, Internet, Sports, Movie, Game and Custom modes.
* MagicColor™: Enhances color in two modes: Full (overall enhancement) and Intelligent (enhances color without affecting delicate skin tones).
* MagicTune™: An easy-to-use, on-screen interface that enables users to use their mouse to control all their Magic Technology picture adjustments from one place.
* MagicStand™: Ultimate ergonomics with dual and triple-hinge designs that allow Samsung monitors to fold, pivot, tilt, swivel, raise and lower.
* MagicContrast™: Offers contrast ratios of up to 1500:1, which combine with brightness and resolution to yield high image quality.
* MagicSpeed™: Speeds of up to 6ms (GTG) lend unsurpassed clarity to motion video, DVD movies and games.
* MagicAuto&3153; Rotation: Images are automatically rotated when the monitor is pivoted.
Attractively designed, the 971P features a shiny black bezel, a blue LED power button at the end of the stand, and a unique triple-hinge stand that enables users to fold the monitor flat or into a variety of positions. The 971P is offered though both retail and commercial channels at $379.99 MSRP.
“The SyncMaster 971P is a true combination of brains and beauty,” said Andrew Weis, product marketing manager, display products, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “Not only is the 971P attractive to look at, it offers impressive specifications that make it a perfect display for anyone who wants a monitor with outstanding looks and performance.”
All Samsung displays are backed by a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight, as well as toll-free technical support for the life of the display.
About Samsung’s Information Technology Division
Samsung’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Irvine, Calif., is a division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). ITD markets a complete line of award-winning LCD and PDP display products, color and monochrome laser printers, fax machines and multifunction devices for professional, corporate and SOHO users. ITD also markets large-screen plasma displays designed specifically for the professional and commercial markets. Please visit www.samsung.com for more information.
About Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2005 parent company sales of US$56.7 billion and net income of US$7.5 billion. Employing approximately 128,000 people in over 120 offices in 57 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Appliance Business, Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business and Telecommunication Network Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones, and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
Screen Size: 19"
Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
Response Time: 6ms (GTG)
Power Consumption: 36 Watt (Max)
Stand: Triple Hinge Stand
Tilt: -2o / +65o
Height Adjustment: 60mm
Cabinet Color: High Glossy Black
Power Supply: External Power
- Contact Information
- Bob Silver
- MWW Group for
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.