Sensoplex Announces the Availability of Rocket Platform, Allowing IOT and Wearable Companies to Build Fully Integrated Devices with Apple-Style Design Philosophy
Newest platform from Sensoplex enables developers to rapidly develop sophisticated wearables with best-in-class hardware, integrated firmware, and advanced algorithms in half the time
Sensoplex Inc., a world leader in the design and production of high performance IOT and wearable devices for sports, wellness, mHealth and consumer product companies, today announced the availability of its most advanced hardware and software development platform. The Rocket platform was developed in partnership with Cypress Semiconductor Inc., a global leader in embedded systems solutions and includes NeuroSky’s heart rate monitor sensor and TE Connectivity’s wireless charging solution. The Sensoplex Rocket platform enables companies in the wearables and IOT space to develop vertically integrated products with a fraction of the resources and time it typically would take.
The Sensoplex Rocket development platform will be available as an evaluation and development kit platform (EVK and SDK) that will allow customers to quickly develop innovative wearable applications that can combine inertial, bio and environmental sensors, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and ANT+ wireless protocols with ultra low-power processing. Sensoplex will demonstrate the solution at its booth at Wearable World Congress in San Francisco on May 19 and 20th.
The Rocket manufacturing-ready platform can be mass-produced as is, or rapidly customized for different form factors and specifications.
The platform includes the following:
- Sensoplex PDI air interface for wireless data communications over BLE or ANT+
- A variety of inertial, bio and environmental sensors
- Cypress FM3 microcontrollers with low-power management for battery-powered applications
- Cypress FL-S serial flash memory at 256Mb, which is ideal for small packaging and low power to store raw or processed sensor data.
- NeuroSky’s CardioChipTM, a single chip solution for accurate bio-signal detection and processing.
- Microphone for the detection and analysis of sounds.
- TE Connectivity’s wireless charging solution from its Wearables Lab in Menlo Park, California.
- Sensoplex APIs for customer firmware development
- Sample apps for Android and iOS with source code to aid in quick app development
- Additional Sensoplex design for manufacturing services
- FCC and CE certification, speeding time to market
- Manufacturing, fulfillment and warranty services
“Our approach enables companies with limited resources to adopt a holistic and sophisticated product development approach, similar to Apple’s but without the huge cost associated with large engineering teams. Our objective is to provide key hardware and SDK building blocks that enable customers to deploy a wide range of wearable products while greatly reducing design complexity and time to market,” said Hamid Farzaneh, Sensoplex Co-Founder and CEO. “Our partnership with Cypress, NeuroSky and TE’s Wearables Lab will enable much faster innovation in the wearables market, by creating a standard platform on which companies can build on.”
Sensoplex, Inc. is a world leader in the design and production of high performance IOT and wearable devices for sports, wellness, mHealth and consumer product companies. It provides turnkey design, production and fulfillment services and enables its customers to bring to market superior devices on accelerated schedules. For more information, visit www.sensoplex.com.
- Contact Information
- Hamid Farzaneh
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.