UGS to Showcase Leading Machining Software at IMTS
CAM Leader to Demonstrate New Mid-Market Offering and Data Management
INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY SHOW (IMTS), CHICAGO – UGS Corp., a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced industry leading manufacturing solutions it is showcasing at IMTS, September 6-13 at McCormick Place in Chicago at booth D 3027.
Highlights will include:
* NX® CAM Express Software – a full function numerical control (NC) programming application – is the CAM component and latest addition to the UGS Velocity Series™ portfolio. NX CAM Express is easy-to-deploy and use for programming the latest and most advanced machine tools. It is available as a CAD-neutral CAM application or packaged with Solid Edge® software or NX. Packages include 2 ½-axis, mill-turn to full 5-axis machining.
* Machine Tool Support Kits – which support advanced machine tools with post processors, G-code-driven machine tool simulation, templates and examples.
* CAM Data Management – the ability to store NC programming, tool design, and machine tool data using UGS’ Teamcenter® software, the world’s most widely used PLM portfolio, to reduce errors and provide faster access to valuable information.
* Tool Design – the latest additions to NX and Solid Edge tool design. In NX, this includes electrode design and the one-step unforming software for die application for die blanks. The integration of tool design and CAM for high-speed milling, mold and die base machining, will also be shown.
* Factory Optimization – through elements of UGS’ Tecnomatix™ digital manufacturing portfolio will be employed to demonstrate state-of-the-art factory design and plant simulation.
* Product Quality Management - these established Tecnomatix applications address coordinate measuring machine programming, inspection, and data analysis.
For more information, visit www.ugs.com.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with nearly 4 million licensed seats and 46,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, UGS’ vision is to enable a world where organizations and their partners collaborate through global innovation networks to deliver world-class products and services while leveraging UGS’ open enterprise solutions, fulfilling the mission of enabling them to transform their process of innovation.
Note: UGS, NX, Solid Edge, Tecnomatix, Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Velocity Series and Transforming the process of innovation are trademarks or registered trademarks of UGS Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
The statements in this news release that are not historical statements, including statements regarding expected benefits of the product, adoption by customers, continued innovation and other statements identified by forward looking terms such as “may,” “will,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate” or “project,” are forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements, including, among others, risks relating to developments in the PLM industry, competition, failure to innovate, partnering strategy, major design errors or security flaws and intellectual property. UGS has included a discussion of these and other pertinent risk factors in its quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2006 filed with the SEC. UGS disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Contact Information
- Salim Rahimi
- Business and Industry PR
- UGS Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.