The 2016 BMW X1 Rendered
– Irvine BMW is excited to confirm, BMW’s smallest crossover is getting a big makeover. Thanks to TopSpeed we have a rendering of what the next generation of the BMW X1 will look like when it launches in 2016. The F48 X1 shares a platform with the X3, which is also closely related to the 3 Series. As you can see from the rendering, the X1 of course retains key design elements that clearly make it a BMW, such as the twin kidney grille, even though it’s shrunk slightly. TopSpeed says that the rendering shows more of an evolutionary development of the X1, instead of some revolutionary design that turns everything on its head. That’s a good thing, because the X1 is rather attractive, so there’s no need to do anything crazy.
• Front-wheel drive will be available on the 2016 X1, as will all-wheel drive.
• There will be more interior space
• The powertrain lineup includes a 1.5-liter three-cylinder and the 2.0-liter four-cylinder
• The two engines can be mated to a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic.
• A plug-in hybrid configuration will join the ranks of the X1.
Some might think that it’s a little too soon to revamp the X1 since it hit dealerships just a couple of years ago, but they’d be wrong. The United States was late to the party with the X1, as is the case with far too many cool vehicles. It launched here in 2013, but Europe had the crossover starting in 2009, meaning the current generation is six years old. At least BMW has been able to see that there’s demand for such a vehicle in this market, which could lead to more fun little Bimmers in the future.
Irvine BMW’s helpful and knowledgeable staff, expert factory-trained technicians, state-of-the-art service department, comprehensive parts department and one of the nation’s largest selections of new, used and certified pre-owned BMWs have made Irvine BMW a landmark in Southern California’s automotive landscape. For more information about Irvine BMW, visit the dealership at 9881 Research Drive in Irvine, Calif., or online at irvinebmw.com.
As a proud member of the Shelly Automotive Group and one of the largest BMW centers on the West Coast, Irvine BMW loyally serves Orange County including - Aliso Viejo, Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, East Irvine, Foothill Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Lake Elsinore, Ladera Ranch, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, Silverado, San Juan Capistrano and Trabuco Canyon
- Contact Information
- Alyse Feltman
- Digital Specialist
- Feltman and Associates
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.