Guests Make A Difference At The Ritz-Carlton For Earth Hour 2015
Hotels and Resorts around the Globe Offer Authentic Experiences that Impact Conservation
On Saturday, March 28th at 8:30 p.m. local time,The Ritz-Carlton hotels, resorts, clubs and residences around the world will proudly support Earth Hour by switching off non-essential lighting throughout the properties. Founded by the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF), Earth Hour is the single largest, symbolic mass-participation event in the world, inspiring a global community of millions of people across 162 countries and territories to switch off lights. As an annual event, Earth Hour brings attention to sustainability issues on our planet and how each of us, whether as individuals or organizations, can make an impact. The Ritz-Carlton hotels, clubs and residences around the world will create unique, memorable experiences for their guests and members during Earth Hour, inviting them to actively participate in this global conservation effort to create a greener and more sustainable environment.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre will engage the future generation in the importance of environmental conservation with the Ritz Kids activity, “Stories by Candlelight.”
- Guests at newly opened The Ritz-Carlton, Bali will be invited to participate in “meditation under the stars,” where fresh breezes and dimmed illumination from traditional lighting will evolve into a peaceful moment.
- At The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, guests may attend a moonlight beach BBQ and bonfire, complete with a stargazing activity with Naturalists from the Ambassadors of the Environment.
- At The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester, the pathways to the hotel and residences will be lit by luminaries carved from ice.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul will invite guests to view a traditional Turkish Shadow Play performance in the lobby.
We invite you to follow @RitzCarltonCSR on Twitter to experience the Earth Hour activities at our hotels, clubs and residences as they take place around the world.
“We are committed to working towards a more sustainable future, by preserving natural resources and minimizing our impact on the environment,” comments Sue Stephenson, vice president, Community Footprints for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. “Earth Hour is an outstanding forum for us to exercise this commitment and help raise awareness for the importance of environmental responsibility around the globe.”
Participating in Earth Hour aligns with the company’s social and environmental responsibility program and its guiding principles to engage, contribute and inspire. Environmental responsibility is a key pillar of Community Footprints, implemented by each hotel’s Ritz-Carlton Environmental Action Conservation Team (REACT), with a global strategy including water and energy conservation programs, recycling initiatives, sourcing environmentally preferred products, and increasing organic and locally sourced dining and spa options. For more information about the global impact of Community Footprints, please visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/communityfootprints.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/3/196687/196687-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.