Free Software Tool from STMicroelectronics Includes Accurate Dynamic Simulation for VIPower Devices
Geneva, March 19, 2015 – TwisterSIM is a unique free software suite that includes a Smart Interactive Selector and a Dynamic Electro-Thermal Simulator for Automotive Low/High-side driver/switches and H-bridges for motor control built using ST’s proprietary VIPower™ technology. The tool allows complex evaluations with accurate dynamic simulations of load-compatibility, wiring-harness optimization, fault condition impact analysis, diagnostic behavior analysis and Dynamic Thermal performance in just a few clicks.
TwisterSIM considerably reduces the cost and time needed to select and validate a product for a specific application layout by performing a thermal-electrical dynamic simulation.
Key features include:
· Built in library of accurate VIPower-product models based on a proprietary methodology and validation that allows a realistic reproduction of “in application” behavior;
· Step-by-step guided selection of the optimal device for a specific application;
· Built-in load library for automotive lamps and generic loads;
· Simulation results, including junction thermal profiles, load current, and diagnostic behavior, are shown on dedicated scope views and can be exported in multiple commonly-used formats;
· User selectable wide range of environmental conditions and real device parameters;
· Direct links to the product web page to view related datasheet and product collaterals;
· On-line forum is available at www.st.com/twistersim-forum to help users.
The tool is free of charge and can be downloaded from our website at www.st.com/twistersim
- Contact Information
- Michael Markowitz
- Director WW Technical Media Relations
- (1) 781 591-0354
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.