Compact Offline Controller Delivers Best-In-Class Power Factor, Efficiency, and Reliability for LED Lighting
Geneva, March 12, 2015 – The HVLED001 from STMicroelectronics is a new AC-DC controller specifically optimized for LED-lighting applications, where energy efficiency, reliability, and cost-competitiveness are key factors. Combining ST’s 25+ years of leadership in power-conversion architectures with innovative high-voltage technology, the HVLED001 enables equipment manufacturers to design high-end, professional lighting applications for commercial areas, retail shops, offices, and outdoor spaces that offer best-in-class performance with minimum bill of materials and assembly costs.
Operating directly from the rectified mains, the HVLED001 uniquely integrates both high- and low-voltage circuitry on the same chip, eliminating the cost of external high-voltage circuitry. The high power factor ( more than 0.9), low Total Harmonic Distortion (less than 10%), and high power-conversion efficiency ( more than 90%) ensure compliance with the most stringent lighting standards in an efficient, compact, and cost-effective solution to drive LEDs in the power range from 20W up to 150W.
Key features of the HVLED001 include:
· Embedded 800V High-Voltage start-up, ensuring LED start-up in less than 0.5s, along with reduced BOM and increased robustness;
· Constant output-voltage primary-side control with ±2% accuracy ensuring a stable light experience across multiple LED-light sources;
· Embedded multiplier and THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) optimizer that provides fast response to line-voltage variations;
· Adjustable Frequency Foldback for improved efficiency and regulation under low load-dimming conditions;
· Comprehensive smart protections including input overvoltage, overcurrent, brownout and opto-coupler failure, all latch-free thanks to a smart auto-restart timer.
Housed in a compact SO10 package, the HVLED001 is available in volume with a price of US$0.5 in quantities of 1k units.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/39750/196368/196368-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Michael Markowitz
- Director WW Technical Media Relations
- (1) 781 591-0354
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.