DuPont Pioneer Celebrates Top-Yields of Western Canadian Farmers
2014 Yield Challenge Winners Announced
DuPont Pioneer congratulates 15 corn and canola growers from Western Canada who achieved top crop yields. The growers used leading Pioneer® brand hybrids to earn a winning rank in the 2014 Western Canadian Proving Ground™ Yield Challenge Contest. More than 1,000 growers from across Western Canada participated in the challenge.
“The Proving Ground Yield Challenge is a fantastic way for growers to show us what our Pioneer® brand hybrids can do in their own fields,” says Mark Kuchuran, marketing communications manager - Western Canada, DuPont Pioneer. “We saw a lot of strong yields in 2014 - especially with our new Pioneer Protector® canola hybrids 45H33 and 45S56.”
Each of the winners receive a trip for two to the 2015 Tim Hortons Brier curling event in Calgary, Alberta, and a bus tour of the DuPont Pioneer canola production plant and corn research station in Lethbridge, Alberta.
A complete list of winners follows:
- Frank Prince, (Waskada, MB): 182.8 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid P7443R corn
- Michael Hrabarchuk, (Benito, MB): 62.3 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S56 canola
- Leslie Felsch, (Ridgeville, MB): 186.2 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 39D97 corn
- Kevin Falk, (Niverville, MB): 172.6 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P7632AM-R brand corn.
- Scott Mason, (Valleyview, AB): 57.1 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S56 canola
- Phil Constantin, (Sturgeon County, AB): 85.9 bu/ac growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H33 canola
- Craig Ramsay, (Red Deer, AB): 75 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H29 canola
- Kelly Konieczny, (Mannville, AB): 60.9 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S56 canola
- Don Broomfield, (Stavely, AB): 54.7 bu/ac growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S52 canola
- Calvin Dunsmore, (Rocanville, SK): 39.9 bu/ac , growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H76 canola
- Curt Dobson, (Rouleau, SK): 72.5 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H29 canola
- Hudy Farms, (Melville, SK): 53.1 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S54 canola
- Dennis Hotler, (Archerwill, SK): 60.5 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H29 canola
- John Bugg, (Paynton, SK): 66.7 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45H29 canola
- Brian Brown (Loreburn, SK): 64.7 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® hybrid 45S54 canola
The information collected by DuPont Pioneer through the challenge is another way the company collaborates with growers to increase research initiatives, improve yield per acre in growers’ fields by putting the right product on the right acre.
DuPont Pioneer is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. Pioneer provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere. Science with Service Delivering Success®.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs and thought leaders, we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.
# # #
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.