Media Advisory: Environmental and Landowner Groups React to Pending Keystone XL Veto
PRESS CALL TODAY AT 4:00PM EST***
Dial: 877-876-9171, Pass Code: KXL
This afternoon, Congress sent to President Obama’s desk a piece of legislation that would force approval of the controversial proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. The Obama Administration has indicated that a veto of this misguided bill will come sometime today.
Today at 4pm EST, environmental and landowner advocates will host a telephonic press briefing to respond to the veto and discuss next steps in the fight against the pipeline.
WHAT: Press briefing to respond to pending veto on Keystone XL legislation and discuss next steps
· Bill McKibben, Founder, 350.org
· Jane Kleeb, Director, Bold Nebraska
· Rhea Suh, President, Natural Resources Defense Council
· Gene Karpinski, President, League of Conservation Voters
· Melinda Pierce, Senior Director, Federal Lobbying and Advocacy, Sierra Club
· Eriel Tchekwie Deranger, Dene Indigenous activist and member of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation of Northern Alberta, Canada.
WHEN: Today, February 24, at 4pm EST
DIAL: 877-876-9171, Pass Code: KXL
Advocates will also host a rally in front of the White House at 5:00 pm to celebrate the veto and call for an outright rejection of the pipeline. For more details on this event, contact Karthik Ganapathy of 350.org at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-881-3784.
###Campaign Name: Beyond Oil
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.