Praise, Endorsements Pour in for “The Drop Box” Documentary
Film highlighting South Korea pastor saving babies from abandonment to be released nationwide on March 3, 4 and 5
“The Drop Box” documentary is receiving praise from a diverse list of evangelical and Catholic leaders, pro-life advocates and proponents of adoption, special needs, and social justice.
“It’s rare for a documentary to receive endorsements from such a wide array of sectors,” said Focus on the Family President Jim Daly. “It’s a testament to how broad the appeal of this movie is. ‘The Drop Box’ deals with the themes that transcend barriers, like love and sacrifice. These things touch us all at the core of our humanity because they testify to the sanctity of life.”
“The Drop Box” tells the story of South Korea’s Pastor Lee Jong-rak, who built a “baby box" for desperate mothers to leave babies that would otherwise be abandoned. To date, Pastor Lee has helped more than 600 babies left in his baby box.
Here’s what leaders have to say about the award-winning film:
• “The story of Pastor Lee and his love for ’discarded’ children – especially children with disabilities displays the power and influence of true Christian character. I highly recommend this wonderful movie!”
— Joni Eareckson Tada, Joni and Friends International Disability Center
• “Pastor Lee leads an extraordinary life of love and service to the abandoned. His compelling story is beautifully shared in this film. Bravo!”
—Bishop David L. Ricken, DD. JCL, Diocese of Green Bay, WI and consultant to United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Pro-Life Activities committee
• “Our society follows a ’me first’ narrative. But Pastor Lee and his humble community of believers in Seoul, South Korea, have turned that narrative on its head.”
— Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, President, NHCLC, Hispanic Evangelical Association
• “Here’s an amazing 21st century example of one person, motivated only by love, putting his life and livelihood on the line in order to protect the most vulnerable members of society. ‘The Drop Box’ depicts authentic Christianity at its very best.”
—Jonathan Merritt, Senior columnist for Religion News Service
• “Watching ‘The Drop Box’ could change the path of your life, for the better.”
—Dr. Russell D. Moore, President, Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission
• “Day after day, Pastor Lee proclaims that every human life is sacred. But he doesn’t shout it from the rooftops. Rather, he lives it out in sacrificial service to the abandoned children God has called him to protect.”
—Eric Metaxas, New York Times bestselling author, cultural commentator
• “‘The Drop Box’ demonstrates everything God expects all of us as Christians to do and to be. God bless Pastor Lee.”
—Dr. Day Gardner, President, National Black Pro-Life Union
• “‘The Drop Box’ is a beautiful film that helps us see the importance of every life. Pastor Lee’s example of the role sacrifice plays in loving ‘the least of these’ should convince us all.”
—Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D., President & CEO, Americans United for Life
• “In ‘The Drop Box’…we see a picture of God’s love for us as spiritual orphans who had no way to take care of ourselves or prevent our own destruction.”
—Paul Pennington, President and Co-Founder, Hope for Orphans
• “He embodies the grace that I write about. I’ll never forget my visit to Pastor Lee’s home, a day I relived over and over as I watched the film ‘The Drop Box.’”
—Philip Yancey, author of “Vanishing Grace” and “What’s So Amazing About Grace”
• “‘The Drop Box’ is a moving and meaningful film about the fragility and preciousness of life. Pastor Lee’s efforts to save and raise these abandoned babies is a humbling model of what putting feet to your faith looks like.”
—Luke Zamperini, son of “Unbroken’s” Louis Zamperini
“The Drop Box” will be presented by Pine Creek Entertainment in association with Focus on the Family, Kindred Image and Fathom Events in select cinemas nationwide on March 3, 4 and 5, 2015. The special event will include an exclusive panel discussion featuring Focus on the Family President Jim Daly; Grammy and Dove Award winning recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, President of Show Hope, Mary Beth; Brian Ivie, director of “The Drop Box” and Kelly Rosati, Focus’ vice president of community outreach.
“Making this movie literally changed my life,” said Ivie, who came to faith while making the film. “Pastor Lee changed everything because he showed me what God’s love is really like. God’s love is gritty and messy and goes to the gutters for the broken and lost people.”
Individual and group tickets sold at www.thedropboxfilm.com.
About Focus on the Family
Focus on the Family, which reaches about 238 million people in 130 countries, is a global faith-based ministry that helps families thrive. We provide help and resources for strengthening believers in their faith and sharing the gospel; building resilient marriages that reflect God’s design; equipping parents to raise their children with a thriving faith; advocating for the preborn, orphaned and life at every stage; and engaging the culture through a biblical worldview. Visit Focus at FocusontheFamily.com or on Facebook and Twitter.
About Pine Creek Entertainment
Pine Creek Entertainment is a film production company that specializes in presenting inspirational stories that encourage, empower and serve as a positive purpose in strengthening and affirming family & faith.
About Arbella Studios
Arbella Studios is a film production company and ministry based in Los Angeles, CA. They tell stories that highlight the truth and beauty of the gospel.
About Kindred Image
Kindred Image is a non-profit organization that works to support the vision and legacy of a courageous pastor in South Korea. What began as a desperate one-man campaign to protect life in one small neighborhood is now an organized effort to love and serve mothers in crisis, and never see an abandoned child on the streets of Korea again. For the rest of the world, Kindred hopes to restore the idea of a God-given “kindred image,” thereby defending the dignity and value of all human lives.
About AC JV, LLC
Fathom Events is owned by a newly formed entity called AC JV, LLC. Fathom is the recognized leader in the alternative entertainment industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters nationwide that include live, high-definition performances of the Metropolitan Opera, the performing arts, major sporting events, music concerts, comedy series, Broadway shows, original programming featuring entertainment’s biggest stars, socially relevant documentaries with audience Q&A and much more. Additionally, Fathom events take audiences behind-the-scenes and offer unique extras – creating the ultimate entertainment experience for fans of all ages. Co-owned by the three largest movie theater circuits in the United States, AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), Fathom’s live digital broadcast network (“DBN”) is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live events to more than 750 locations in 171 Designated Market Areas® (including all of the top 50). For more information, visit http://www.fathomevents.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.