Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit Introduces Emeril Lagasse to Superstar Chef Lineup
Tickets on Sale Today for 10 New Events and Interactive Experiences for the April 23-26 Festival
Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, presented by Chase Sapphire Preferred®, adds Emeril Lagasse along with 10 new events to the ninth annual star-studded culinary event. In his first appearance at Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, Emeril Lagasse will give guests a taste of New Orleans with a first-of-its-kind seafood extravaganza at MGM Grand.
Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger take diners south of the border with a taco fiesta; Hakkasan Chef Ho Chee Boon takes ticket holders on an intimate tour through modern China with a six-course Cantonese-inspired dinner; James Beard Award-Winning Chef Shawn McClain will pair his farm-to-table menu with exclusive wines by Flowers Vineyard; Master Chocolatier François Payard gets hands on at his fan-favorite pastry demonstration; and Michelin-starred Chef Guy Savoy premiers the first KRUG Champagne event of its kind. Furthermore, Bellagio hosts a special wine tasting featuring wines and experts from four vineyards and the popular Grand Tasting event returns featuring Chefs Emeril Lagasse, Giada De Laurentiis, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Steve Martorano, Julian Serrano, Brian Malarkey, Michael Mina, Shawn McClain and Ho Chee Boon who will give guests a taste of their signature dishes with small bites around the Garden of the Gods pool at Caesars Palace.
Tickets for Vegas Uncork’d can be purchased at VegasUncorked.com.
For high-resolution images, please click here.
Known for adding a twist on Louisiana’s classic Creole dishes at Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House at MGM Grand, celebrated chef Emeril Lagasse will host two seafood-centric events.
- The New Orleans Fish House Experience with Emeril Lagasse – The intimate evening combines Emeril’s signature “New New Orleans” style of cooking with a selection of wine pairings from the restaurant’s award-winning menu.
- Emeril’s New Orleans Seafood Extravaganza – A seafood feast will take place at the MGM Grand Producer’s Pool featuring live music from the Big Easy, boiled seafood and fresh fish with the event culminating in the third annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge.
The Too Hot Tamales dynamic duo, Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, return for their ninth year to spice up the festival with a taco-centric dinner and a build-your-own margarita station at Border Grill inside the Forum Shops at Caesars. And boozy is back – Mary Sue and Susan will also host a boozy brunch cooking demo with a five-course menu and five cocktail pairings.
Creative Cantonese & Wine comes to life at Hakkasan Las Vegas where Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon takes diners on a guided journey through the art of modern Cantonese cooking coupled with exquisite wines to feature the restaurant’s globally acclaimed cuisine.
For another event featuring perfect pairings, Chef Guy Savoy will take guests on an unforgettable epicurean adventure celebrating the very best in food and KRUG Champagne, the world’s foremost luxury Champagne House. The first event of its kind, Chef Guy Savoy will be serving a four-course meal featuring many of his signature dishes all paired with prestigious bottles including Krug’s exclusive Grand Cuvée and Krug Rose.
Events for Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit have been selling quickly with several already sold out, including all of the previously announced events at Bellagio. With the addition of new chefs, events and interactive experiences, guests are encouraged to purchase their tickets now. Tickets to select events at ARIA, Bellagio, Caesars Palace and MGM Grand hosted by previously announced chefs Masa Takayama, Michael Mina, Jean-Philippe Maury, François Payard and Frankie Pellegrino Jr. are still available.
Additionally, Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, returns as the presenting sponsor of this year’s Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate Spanish brunch with acclaimed chef Julian Serrano and an opportunity to mingle with chefs inside the Chase Sapphire Preferred VIP lounge atop the Neptune pool at Caesars Palace Garden of the Gods during the Grand Tasting.
Below is a full list of new and notable event programming with tickets on sale today:
- Farm to Table Fête with Flowers Winery at Sage, Saturday, April 25: Flowers Vineyard and Winery has been producing premier wines out of Sonoma County for more than 30 years. And during this once-in-a-lifetime celebration, diners will get a taste of some of the most highly-coveted vintages paired with farm-to-table fare from James Beard Award-winning chef Shawn McClain. Held at ARIA’s sophisticated seasonal restaurant, Sage, this special five-course dinner event will feature wines typically only available at the winery, along with library selections at the peak of maturity – all hand selected by Flower’s Estate Director, Greg Miller, and ARIA Director of Wine, Kim Wood.
- California Chardonnay and Pinot Noir: A Tasting of Balance, Saturday, April 25: This exciting and educational tasting will feature four member wineries of In Pursuit of Balance, an organization striving to promote balanced (and delicious!) pinot noir and chardonnay. Joining the panel will be Rajat Parr of Domaine de la Côte, Jasmine Hirsch of Hirsch Vineyards, Matt Licklider of Lioco and Steve Matthiasson of Matthiasson. The expert panel will discuss food and wine pairings, winemaking and their definition of balance. Moderated by Bellagio Director of Wine and Master Sommelier Jason Smith with color commentary by Bon Appétit Wine Editor David Lynch, this tasting of eight wines is sure to entertain.
- Tequila and Tacos with the Too Hot Tamales, Thursday, April 23: Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger spice things up with a fabulous fiesta fueled by tequila and tacos. Mix and mingle at the new Border Grill inside The Forum Shops at Caesars while enjoying unlimited signature tacos, ceviches, seafood cocktails, oysters, and more. Top off the delicious celebration with a variety of free flowing and award winning margaritas at an interactive drink station.
- Pastry Savvy with François Payard, Friday, April 24: A perennial favorite, Chef François Payard invites guests to Payard Pâtisserie & Bistro for a behind-the-scenes look at how the freshest, most phenomenal French pastries are created. Guests will learn master techniques from one of the world’s most renowned pastry chefs.
- The Chefs of Wolfgang Puck: A Lunch Across the Empire, Friday, April 24: The Chefs of Wolfgang Puck come together for one afternoon only to showcase the many flavors of Chef Wolfgang Puck’s empire at this special lunch hosted by Spago Executive Chef, Eric Klein. Wolfgang Puck is largely credited for shaping the current fine dining scene in Las Vegas when he opened Spago inside The Forum Shops at Caesars more than 20 years ago, and now has six unique restaurant concepts in town. Guests will enjoy five courses prepared by Chef Klein, Chef Dustin Lewandowski (Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill), Chef Mike Tiva and Jorge Martinez (Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina / Trattoria del Lupo), Matt Hurley (CUT) and desserts by Corporate Executive Pastry Chef Kamel Guechida & Corporate Director of Pastry, Nicole Erle.
- A Taste of Bravo’s Best New Restaurant, Saturday, April 25: Bravo’s newest TV competition series will come to life during this star-studded Saturday soirée at Bravo’s Best New Restaurant Pop-Up at Caesars Palace. Guests will get a glimpse of what it takes to win the title of America’s “Best New Restaurant,” as they enjoy an exclusive four-course seated dinner. Don’t miss the chance to experience the winning restaurant’s debut event and taste their food first-hand!
- Brunch Demo with Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Saturday, April 25: Get up close and personal with Border Grill chef/owners Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger at a fun, educational brunch cooking class. Watch as they prepare innovative dishes and intoxicating libations from Border Grill inside The Forum Shops at Caesars, named one of the best new restaurants in Las Vegas. Guests will enjoy a five-course menu, five cocktail pairings, and a recipe booklet at this exclusive demonstration.
- Premier Pairings with KRUG Champagne & Guy Savoy, Saturday, April 25: Introducing the first event of its kind with Michelin-starred Chef Guy Savoy and Krug Champagne, the world’s first luxury Champagne House, this premier event will take guests through an unforgettable epicurean adventure celebrating the very best in food and champagne. The intimate affair will feature four courses from Master Chef Guy Savoy including many of his signature dishes, such as the artichoke and black truffle soup and colors of caviar, perfectly paired with Krug’s prestigious Grande Cuvée and Krug Rose among others.
- The New Orleans Fish House Experience with Emeril Lagasse, Thursday, April 23: Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse brings his love of fresh seafood and trademark “New New Orleans” style of cooking to his New Orleans Fish House restaurant at MGM Grand. During this intimate dinner event, guests will savor kicked-up versions of market fresh fish and shellfish creations alongside flavorful signature dishes. Emeril’s multi-course menu will be paired with a selection of wines off the restaurant’s award-winning wine list, recently receiving Wine Spectator magazine’s “Best of Award of Excellence.”
- Creative Cantonese & Wine at Hakkasan?, Saturday, April 25: A one-of-a-kind culinary experience awaits at Hakkasan Las Vegas. Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon and his highly skilled team will prepare a special six-course dinner featuring the restaurant’s globally acclaimed cuisine. Take an interactive journey though the art of modern Cantonese cooking coupled with exquisite wines selected by Christine Parkinson, the world-renowned curator of Hakkasan’s award-winning wine program. As guests are guided through the unique wine selection process, they’ll feel like a Master Sommelier for the evening!
- Emeril’s New Orleans Seafood Extravaganza, Saturday, April 25: Guests will enjoy a New Orleans Style Fish House experience poolside at the MGM Grand Producer’s Pool. Numerous stations will be set up around the pool offering freshly shucked raw and grilled oysters, whole grilled market fish cooked to order, New Orleans-style boiled seafood, chilled salads and seafood ceviche. A wide selection of craft beers will be on tap and live music will be performed to top off this “Big Easy” type of experience.
- Third Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Saturday, April 25: The competition returns this year during the exciting event, Emeril’s New Orleans Seafood Extravaganza. Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a chance to team up with two celebrity chefs, including Emeril Lagasse. The teams will compete for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
For additional information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.VegasUncorked.com.
About Bon Appétit
Bon Appétit is where food and culture meet. The award-winning No. 1 food lifestyle brand covers food through the lens of fashion, travel, technology, design, and home. Under editor in chief Adam Rapoport, the brand has been nominated for 17 National Magazine Awards, including wins in 2014 for General Excellence and Photography; 10 James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards; and more than 50 Society of Publication Designers (SPD) nominations for design and photography, including Magazine of the Year. Under vice president and publisher Pamela Drucker Mann, the magazine was named ‘One to Watch’ by Advertising Age in 2014 and Adweek’s Food Magazine of the Year in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and almost 11 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.
About Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. With Sapphire Preferred you enjoy premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards; double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel; the Chip and Signature for international travel; no foreign transaction fees; 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs; 24/7 live customer service; access to exclusive card member experiences; and more. More information is available at www.chasesapphire.com/preferred.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/3/195214/195214-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.