Small Times NanoCon International 2006 selects EventMingle as their official online collaboration application for upcoming conference.
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif., August 30, 2006— EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for the Small Times NanoCon International 2006 conference which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV, September 20-22, 2006. EventMingle is an online collaboration Web application developed to allow attendees, exhibitors and speakers of this event to meet online prior to arriving at the event in order to improve face-to-face interactions once they arrive.
EventMingle has created a custom site for participants at www.eventmingle.com/Event/Nano/Default.aspx.
EventMingle will give participants the following features:
• Internal E-mail System - Attendees and exhibitors will use EventMingle’s built-in e-mail system to communicate without giving either party access to their personal contact info until they’re ready.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current press releases, and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors can also give attendee the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the EventMingle portal to view all of the recent press releases from the Exhibiting companies.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on their location, title and interests. Attendees can also meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, press releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
• The Daily Planner – Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. EventMingle becomes attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event prior to leaving for the airport.
“We’re very pleased to be working with Small Times to enable their NanoCon attendees, speakers and exhibitors to meet and collaborate online prior to arriving to their annual conference in September. We believe these nanotechnology business and research executives are going to arrive better prepared because they have had a chance to network and exchange ideas with their colleagues on EventMingle”, states Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, Inc.
“I am pleased to announce the addition of the Event Mingle networking program to Small Times NanoCon International 2006. In our continuing commitment to providing a premier networking and business strategy event to the nanotechnology sector, this matchmaking program enables attendees and exhibitors to connect and facilitate one-on-one meetings prior to the show, truly maximizing onsite results and new business opportunities,” said Patti Glaza, Group Publisher of Small Times magazine.
The EventMingle networking site will be available to registered Small Times NanoCon International participants on Friday, September 1st.
About Small Times
Small Times, a division of PennWell Corp., is the leading source business and technical information and analysis on micro and nanotechnology commercialization. Small Times offers full news coverage through its business trade magazine, daily news Web site and weekly e-mail newsletter. Small Times also offers custom research services.
PennWell Corporation is a diversified business-to-business media and information company that provides quality content and integrated marketing solutions for the following industries: Oil and gas, electric power, water, electronics, semiconductor, contamination control, optoelectronics, fiberoptics, enterprise storage, fire, emergency services and dental. Founded in 1910, PennWell publishes 75 print and online magazines and newsletters, conducts 60 conferences and exhibitions on six continents, and has an extensive offering of books, maps, web sites, research and database services. In addition to PennWell’s headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma the company has major offices in Nashua, New Hampshire; Houston, Texas; London, England; Campbell, California; Fairlawn, New Jersey; Moscow, Russia; and Hong Kong, China.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior to the event.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Laguna Beach, Calif. See http://www.SpecialtyMatch.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980
For more info about Small Times, visit http://www.smalltimes.com
- Contact Information
- Jim Harrer
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.