DuPont Introduces Innovative Technology to Enable Next Generation Advancements in Air and Liquid Filtration
Hybrid Membrane Technology Represents First Breakthrough Offering from DuPont Separations Solutions
WILMINGTON, Del., August 30, 2006 - DuPont today announced the introduction of its latest innovation, Hybrid Membrane Technology (HMT), a new offering for air and liquid filtration that is poised to fill the performance gap between traditional nonwovens and microporous films. Comprised of continuous sub-micron fibers and available on a commercial scale in the form of “membrane-like” sheet structures, DuPont HMT delivers an optimal balance of flux/barrier performance. HMT will be the leading technology provided in a portfolio of DuPont Nonwoven technologies that will be offered through DuPont Separations Solutions (DSS), a new business growth initiative dedicated to developing and implementing technologies for filtration.
“Growing trends ranging from stricter regulatory requirements to rising energy costs are requiring organizations in industries such as automotive, food and beverage, HVAC and life sciences to seek new separation and filtration technologies that deliver increased levels of safety and efficiency,” said Matt Trerotola, vice president and general manager - DuPont Nonwovens. “The launch of the DuPont Separations Solutions initiative and the introduction of HMT demonstrate our commitment to providing these and other industries with the technologies required to fill their diverse needs – both today and into the future.”
“DuPont Separations Solutions will look beyond today’s nonwovens and membrane filtration media to deliver enhanced performance across a variety of air and liquid applications,” Trerotola said. “Through leveraging existing technologies and developing new technologies such as HMT, DuPont will help provide cleaner and healthier environments, improve manufacturing process efficiency, and deliver better performance across a wide range of market applications. DuPont will also go beyond the traditional role of a media supplier by providing finished filters in targeted applications to best serve our market demands and customers’ needs.”
DuPont Separations Solutions’ air filtration product portfolio will include:
* DuPont™ BarriRFlux™ with Hybrid Membrane Technology for the healthcare and life sciences markets.
* DuPont™ Premium Air Filtration Products for reduced energy consumption and reliable contamination control in commercial HVAC applications.
* DuPont™ Premium Interior Air Filters for automotive applications.
* Various composite structures aimed at a wide variety of applications in the transportation and industrial markets.
DuPont Separations Solutions’ liquid filtration product portfolio will include:
* DuPont™ BarriRFlux™ for critically clean applications in industries such as life sciences, food and beverage, and areas where contamination prevention and process utilization are a top priority.
* Traditional DuPont Nonwoven technologies, such as DuPont™ Xavan® (spunbond polypropylene), Sontara®, and Tyvek® for the construction of composite structures and support media for food grade required applications as well as large particle removal applications commonly found in many industrial applications where quality, reliability, and consistency are a given.
DuPont is a science company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel.
The DuPont Oval, DuPont™ and The miracles of science™ and BarriRFlux™, Xavan®, Sontara®, and Tyvek® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
- Contact Information
- Marie Beletti
- Media Relations Coordinator
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.