OEHS Professionals Help Update CIH® Certification Exam
ABIH appreciates the dedication of these professionals who have taken on this important responsibility.
An eleven-member panel of occupational and environmental health and safety professionals was instrumental in an evaluation of the scope of the industrial hygiene profession in preparation for the Spring 2015 Certified Industrial Hygienist® (CIH®) examination.
The eleven professionals were appointed in 2014 to the Job Analysis (JA) Panel by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene® (ABIH®), to work closely with the psychometric and testing services company, Castle Worldwide, Inc., to conduct the evaluation.
The panel identified the domains, tasks, knowledge, and skills essential to the performance of a CIH.
The recommendations of the panel were then reviewed by a representative sample of professionals in the practice of industrial hygiene to validate the findings.
The JA panel represents a variety of practice settings, geographic regions, educational levels, and years of experience. Panelists included:
- Andrew Boester, CIH - Senior Project Manager - IN
- Scott Bourdon, CIH - Deputy Director, Environmental Health Safety - CA
- Dennis Casserly, PhD, CIH - Professor of Industrial Hygiene & Environmental Science, Associate Dean, School of Science & Computer Engineering - TX
- Ray Cowan, CIH - Environmental Compliance Specialist - MA/NH
- Rhiannon Filip, CIH, CRSP - HSE Manager - BC, Canada
- Lori Gray, CIH - Chief of Operations, Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight - AZ
- Steve Hicks, CIH, CSP - Assistant Professor, Safety Sciences - MO
- Dana Hollins, CIH - Supervising Health Scientist - CA
- Justin Klavan, CIH, CSP - Manager, Environmental Health Safety - MD
- Justin Mecham, CIH - Corporate Industrial Hygienist - OK
- David Roskelley, CIH, CSP - Principal/CIH (Consulting) - UT
“ABIH appreciates the dedication of these professionals who have taken on this important responsibility,” said ABIH Certification Program Manager Ron Drafta, CIH. “Their work has helped create the blueprint for the CIH exam offered beginning in April 2015.”
The updated CIH exam blueprint can be viewed at http://www.abih.org/become-certified/prepare-exam/cih-job-analysis
ABIH offers the premier certification in the world for occupational hygienists, the Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). These are professionals dedicated to protecting the health and safety of the workforce and our communities. Earning the CIH requires that candidates meet rigorous education and experience requirements, pass an examination, and recertify every five years by fulfilling certification maintenance requirements designed to enhance the ongoing knowledge and skills of the CIH. There are approximately 6,700 CIHs, globally.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/12710/193883/193883-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Paul Cochrane
- Cochrane & Associates, LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.