Greenberg Traurig Atlanta Office Hosts 2014 Women’s Business Forum and Brings Together Southeast’s Top Female Leaders
The Atlanta office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP is hosting the 2014 Women’s Business Forum Friday, an annual, invitation-only event that brings together a cross-section of women leaders.
The Women’s Business Forum allows women to discuss issues of mutual interest in a setting that is conducive to learning, business development, networking and personal enrichment. This year’s program, themed “Following the Leaders in Business,” features prominent female speakers including Kat Cole, president of Cinnabon; Bea Perez, chief sustainability officer for Coca-Cola; and Rachna Bhasin, senior vice president of corporate strategy and business development for SiriusXM. The Forum’s steering committee is co-chaired by Greenberg Traurig Atlanta office shareholder Natasha L. Wilson and former shareholder Kristen L. Fancher, Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel, Margaritaville Enterprises, LLC, and other members include Jennifer B. Moore and Sara K. Thompson of Greenberg Traurig Atlanta.
At the Women’s Business Forum, the firm also presents the Diana P. Scott Integrity in Action Award, named after the late Diana P. Scott, a former shareholder in the firm’s Los Angeles office. The award is presented to a woman recognized by her peers for her work in closing diversity and gender gaps, as well as someone who combines outstanding leadership with a passionate commitment to her community and the advancement of women. This year’s award recipient is Hala Moddelmog, the first female president and CEO of the Metro Atlanta Chamber, a 154-year-old organization.
Greenberg Traurig began its Women’s Forum series in 2007, as part of the firm’s long-standing commitment to the advancement of women and the Greenberg Traurig’s Women’s Initiative. Panelists are generally high-level female executives, including chief executive officers, chief operating officers, presidents, managing directors, and senior vice presidents from various Fortune 500 companies. Several Greenberg Traurig offices have hosted the event, including Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Chicago and Ft. Lauderdale.
“We are excited to host this year’s forum in Atlanta, home of some of the country’s strongest, most successful female leaders,” Wilson said. “Having the opportunity to bring many of them under one roof and learn from their keen direction will enhance the ongoing effort to keep women at the forefront of business.”
Ernest Greer, co-managing shareholder of the Atlanta office and a firm vice president, said events such as the Women’s Business Forum also help to elevate Greenberg Traurig’s profile as an attractive place of employment for rising female attorneys. “Our practice continues to be successful because it has been built around the careful recruitment of the very best in the field of law. This, of course, includes young and talented female attorneys who are seeking firms dedicated to fostering a strong, prosperous environment for women. This forum is an excellent way to communicate our commitment to Atlanta’s future rising stars.”
The full list of panelists for the Women’s Business Forum includes:
- Tiffany Alley - Founder and CEO, Tiffany Alley Global Reporting & Video
- Rachna Bhasin - [i]SVP Corporate Strategy and Business Development, SiriusXM[/i]
- Sonia Booker - Real Estate Investment Entrepreneur, Author, Wealth-Building Coach and Motivational Speaker
- Lisa V. Chang - SVP Human Resources, AMB Group, LLC (parent company of the Atlanta Falcons)
- Kat Cole - President of Cinnabon
- Michelle Engel - Director of Content Marketing and Programming, Samsung Music Services
- Cynthia Good - Founder and CEO, Little Pink Book
- Kristi Halford - Sr. Director, Audience Development & Partnerships, CNN Digital
- Andra Hall - Owner CamiCakes Cupcakes
- Shannon Klinger - Head of Legal and General Counsel at Sandoz, a Novartis company
- Teri McClure - Chief Legal, Communications and Compliance Officer, UPS
- Hala Moddelmog - President and CEO, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Mary Parker - Board Chair of the Atlanta Business League, [i]President & CEO of All(n)1 Security Services[/i]
- Beatriz “Bea” Perez - Chief Sustainability Officer, Coca-Cola
- Patrise Perkins-Hooker - Vice President and General Counsel of Atlanta BeltLine Inc., and President, State Bar of Georgia
- Lily Sandler - Co-Founder, BLAMtastic
- Jennifer Schoenhofer - Founder and CEO, Axis Teknologies
- Andie Simon - President, Andie B. Simon, Inc. (Consultant for Xbox Music, SoundCloud)
- Audrey Boone Tillman - Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Aflac, Inc.
- Eve Wright - Vice President and Associate General Counsel, The HEAT Group
About Greenberg Traurig’s Women’s Initiative
Greenberg Traurig is committed to its women lawyers’ success, which includes a firm wide women’s affinity group encompassing recruiting, retention and business development. The firm regularly collaborates with like-minded organizations to address these issues on a broader scale in a variety of industries and communities. Greenberg Traurig also takes thoughtful action to address issues such as maintaining a healthy work-life balance, breaking the glass ceiling, mentoring, taking charge of your health, and giving back to the community.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1750 attorneys serving clients from 36 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the “Power Elite” in the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard report, which assesses the nature and strength of law firms’ client relationships. For additional information, please visit www.gtlaw.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.