Thanksgiving: A Unique Challenge For Those With Eating Disorders--5 Easy Tips
Helping people suffering with eating disorders.
Allow yourself to be human. Allow yourself the freedom to have some stress and not react perfectly especially during the most difficult holiday for people with eating issues.
1. Don’t focus on body image. Comments about weight should be avoided. Instead consider compliments such as: “You look healthy and happy”.
2. Don’t watch what others eat. If someone wants to eat more or less than you during the holidays, do not make that the focus of your concern. If you focus on what you are eating, you can set a healthy example. If you tell others to eat more or less, you are adding pressure to those who are already struggling with eating issues.
3. Thanksgiving is a day of eating. If you have eating issues, then understand that Thanksgiving is the most difficult day of the year for you. See this day as a good challenge for you and all the people around the world who struggle with eating disorders. You are not alone.
4. Create your own bubble of comfort. Set your own eating boundaries and do not allow the comments or expectations of others to change what is comfortable for you. If you give yourself the freedom to say “no" to others who are trying to get you to eat more, then you can feel good about not letting others push you out of your comfort zone.
5. Allow yourself to be human. Allow yourself the freedom to have some stress and not react perfectly especially during the most difficult holiday for people with eating issues.
If you need more help, find an eating disorder treatment professional in your area by using the easiest and most comprehensive treatment search site on the Internet: www.EDReferral.com. This is the site which has been helping others find ED treatment since 1999 and is used by most eating disorder professionals.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/9632/192913/192913-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Dr. Kevin Grold
- Executive Director
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.