Rockwell Collins to showcase newest offerings for flight deck and cabin at Airshow China 2014
At Airshow China 2014, Rockwell Collins will be demonstrating its commitment to growing the Chinese aviation industry by announcing new airline wins and showcasing its latest offering for the flight deck and cabin.
- Nov. 12 - Rockwell Collins press briefing providing the latest updates on the company’s investment in China, strategic relationships and contract wins. The briefing will feature Jim Walker, vice president, manager director, Asia Pacific and Ron Ho, managing director, China.
* 3:30 p.m. Room 210, Press Center
- Rockwell Collins will be posting news from Airshow China at www.rockwellcollins.com/news.
Products and services that will be featured at the Rockwell Collins exhibit include:
- MultiScan ThreatTrack™ weather radar-Introduced earlier this year, and appearing for the first time at Airshow China, Rockwell Collins MultiScan ThreatTrack features unprecedented capabilities for assessing lightning and hail threats, uses Predictive OverFlight™ to identify significant turbulence threats above rapidly growing thunderstorms, and is the first radar in the industry to feature two levels of turbulence detection.
- PAVES™ - Rockwell Collins will be demonstrating its PAVES™ single-aisle IFE system which offers customizable cabin configurations. Airlines can select from a variety of overhead and in-seat, on-demand monitor and wireless combinations throughout the aircraft.
Rockwell Collins recently announced it is teaming with China-based airline seat maker Hubei Ali Jiatai to install PAVES™ On-demand. The two companies have entered into a memorandum of understanding to achieve technical offerability for the complete IFE seat solution on Next-Generation Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Head-Up Guidance - HGS™ - Rockwell Collins continues to bring the enhanced safety and operational benefits of its Head-up Guidance System (HGS™) to China. The recognized enhanced efficiency and safety benefits of HUD have led to a larger initiative by the Civil Aviation Administration of China CAAC to encourage airlines to install the technology on their fleets in the years to come. The “China HUD Application Roadmap” calls for ten percent of capable in-service airline fleets to be equipped with HUD by 2015 and on all airline aircraft where HUD is offered by 2025.
At Airshow China, Rockwell Collins will be showcasing its popular HGS Flight App, available in both English and Mandarin in the Apple iTunes store. With this application, individuals can use their iPad® to simulate flying an approach and experience the true benefit of head-up and eyes-forward flying.
- ACCEL Flight Simulation, a Rockwell Collins/Bluesky joint venture - Representatives will be on hand to provide information on a new joint venture that will create a simulation and training center of excellence in China for commercial flight simulation and training solutions. ACCEL Flight Simulation will design, manufacture, sell and support the commercial flight simulators for China and eventually the global market.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/7/192683/192683-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.