With Lufthansa to Seville, Crete and Iceland next summer – Austrian Airlines launches flight service to Mauritius
Further new holiday connections to Bodrum, Cagliari and Glasgow
The airlines of the Lufthansa Group are the first choice for holidaymakers and leisure travelers. Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines will be expanding their flight program to attractive tourist destinations next year.
New in the flight timetable are Seville in southern Spain and the Greek island of Crete. Flights to the capital of Andalusia will leave from the Lufthansa hubs in Frankfurt and Munich. Lufthansa customers will be able to fly non-stop to Iceland from the two hubs for the first time. Bodrum (Turkey) and Cagliari (Sardinia/Italy) are two existing seasonal destinations that are now connected to Frankfurt for the first time. Next summer, Lufthansa will be serving Glasgow for the first time from Munich. There will also be additional flights on existing Spanish connections from Frankfurt to Málaga, Palma de Mallorca and Valencia as well as from Munich to Bodrum. All seasonal connections for summer 2015 can be booked from now on.
Austrian Airlines is commencing flight service from Vienna to Mauritius, adding the new destination to its winter 2015/16 flight schedule.
Further 16 seasonal routes will be added to the Lufthansa flight timetable for next summer. This means passengers will be able to count on the full service and dependability of a scheduled airline. Many tourist destinations will get additional flights during the summer holiday period. Passengers will be able to enjoy their “escape to the sun” in the comfortable Business Class as well as Economy Class. At Lufthansa, baggage allowance and catering are included in the fare. As with any Lufthansa flight, air miles can also be accrued and redeemed on these flights to holiday destinations.
The new connections in detail:
• For the first time in many years there will again be Lufthansa flights to the southern Spanish city of Seville, from Frankfurt and Munich. An Airbus A320 will take off three times a week from Frankfurt on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and from Munich to Andalusia on Sundays. After a flight time of just three hours, passengers will be able to wander through the historic old town with its labyrinth of narrow streets, discover the restaurants on picturesque city squares and visit imposing cathedrals and palaces. Seville is also an ideal starting point for visiting the numerous beach resorts on the Costa de la Luz. Lufthansa is offering this new destination from EUR 129. Seville will be served from Frankfurt and Munich, starting already at the beginning of the Easter holidays on 26 March 2015.
• Another new sunny destination is Heraklion on Crete, the largest Greek island. Every Saturday, Lufthansa will be flying to Crete in almost three hours from Munich with an Airbus A320. All the holiday resorts and hotels on the 260 km long and 60 km wide island can be reached quickly from there. Crete offers visitors more than 1,000 km of coastline, with countless coves and beaches. The flight to one of the sunniest islands in the Mediterranean can be booked from EUR 129.
• As of next summer, the two hubs in Frankfurt and Munich will be getting a Lufthansa connection to Iceland. Flights with an Airbus A319 to Keflavík Airport, which is 50 km from the capital of Reykjavík, will leave Frankfurt in the main travel season between May and September 2015 on Thursdays and Saturdays. An existing connection will also operate a flight on Saturdays from Munich, both non-stop and from EUR 249. The land of geysers and volcanoes has been growing in popularity for years, especially in the summer months. The natural splendors of this volcanic island include glaciers, hot springs and waterfalls. Riding holidays and other outdoor activities attract many travelers to the island in the North Atlantic.
• The popular Mediterranean beach resorts of Bodrum and Cagliari will also get connections to Frankfurt, in addition to the existing routes from Munich. Bodrum is situated directly on the Turkish Aegean and offers a wide range of opportunities for water sports enthusiasts and beach holidaymakers. From the middle of May, an Airbus A320 will be departing from Rhine-Main to supplement the connection from Munich, which will get an additional Saturday flight. Flights to Bodrum are available from as little as EUR 159. Lufthansa will also be connecting Cagliari, in the south of the Italian island of Sardinia, to Frankfurt with a Saturday flight in an Embraer 190 operated by Lufthansa CityLine. This supplements the existing flights on Saturdays and Sundays from Munich. One of the most popular holiday islands in the Mediterranean can be reached conveniently from EUR 129.
• Lufthansa is to connect Bavaria and Scotland for the first time. An Airbus A319 will leave the Bavarian capital on Saturdays for a direct flight of two hours and twenty minutes to Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland and the third-largest in the United Kingdom. The former industrial city now has a modern cultural scene, in addition to its reputation as an important university center. Glasgow is also an ideal starting point for trips to the Scottish highlands and the many islands off the west coast. A return flight from the River Isar to the River Clyde can be had from EUR 129.
• In the outlook for the winter flight schedule 2015/2016 Austrian Airlines is commencing flight service from Vienna to Mauritius, adding the new destination to its segment of leisure destinations. Starting on October 29, 2015, the airline will fly nonstop once a week from Vienna to Mauritius every Thursday on board of a Boeing 767. Passengers will reach the island in the Indian Ocean after a flight time of 10 hours and 40 minutes. Tickets are available starting from EUR 899 in Economy Class.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.