Snapfish by HP Boosts Online Photo Sharing and Services
PALO ALTO, Calif., Aug. 28, 2006 - Snapfish by HP today announced several new online photo services and products that enable its members – which now number more than 30 million – to share and create digital stories in new ways.
Highlighting the new services are Snapfish Group Rooms, which offer groups of users – for example, extended families, youth organizations or little league parents – a way to upload, store and share photos in a communal environment that is safe and secure.
With Group Rooms, members upload their individual photos into a common area, where they can collaborate on photo projects such as photo books, calendars or cards; share albums with family and friends outside the group; and automatically receive updates when room content has been added or changed.
Members also can customize their rooms with design themes, descriptions and personalized URLs (for example, smithreunion.snapfish.com). In addition, unlike with most competitive offerings, an unlimited number of rooms can be created at Snapfish for free.
“The Snapfish website consistently delivers a recipe of personalization, controlled community and value people are looking for,” said Ben Nelson, general manager, Snapfish by HP. “These latest features help users creatively organize and share their stories with family and friends, while complementing our basic value proposition, including high-quality prints for just 12 cents each – almost 40 percent lower than major competitors – plus free online sharing and storage.”
Snapfish also has greatly expanded options for many of its popular photo products:
* Personalization options for photo calendars, including the ability to add important dates such as birthdays and anniversaries. Each addition can be made unique with custom text, borders and even photos for individual dates. Additionally, Snapfish is now offering new backgrounds, themes and caption options.
* Sixty-eight new holiday greeting card designs for holiday celebrations, including Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year’s templates.
* Greater selection of Snapfish’s award-winning MemoryBooks, which allow consumers to tell their stories in fresh and creative ways. In addition to the current hardbound, coffee table-quality MemoryBook, starting in mid-September Snapfish will offer softbound, “On-the-Go” MemoryBooks with 10 cover choices starting at $12.99 for the first 20 pages, and 3 x 4-inch PocketBooks, which easily fit in a purse or pocket and are sold in sets of three for $14.99.
* Also available in mid-September, expanded features across the entire line of MemoryBooks, including five new background styles with exclusive designs, borders and text-only templates; the ability to preview in a full-screen viewing environment; and the ability to share online versions of MemoryBooks with family and friends.
Snapfish also has updated its site with new organizational features. Enhancements include:
* A new sub-navigation system on the left side of the photo viewing experience, allowing users to access their Snapfish albums with fewer keystrokes;
* Chronological, alphabetical and “by friend” organization options for easier categorization;
* A “favorites” album, which can be customized with a user’s favorite photos and videos; and
* A preview pop-up feature, which allows users to quickly preview the content of albums without actually opening the album, helping members save time.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended July 31, 2006, HP revenue totaled $90.0 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the achievement of expected results and other risks that are described from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including but not limited to the risks described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2006, and other reports filed after HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, 2005. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- Contact Information
- Press Hotline
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.