Logic PD Expert Featured at MD&M Conference in Chicago and Minneapolis
Bill Betten addresses the future of connected health in multiple sessions
Connectivity and interoperability between devices has become the one of the most pressing issues within the medical device community. At the upcoming MD&M Conferences in Chicago (Oct. 15-16) and Minneapolis (Oct. 29-30), Logic PD, a product innovation and realization company for connected devices will be sharing its perspective on the topic.
“As medical devices move away from stand-alone items and companies seek to further integrate wireless tools into the systems, connectivity and interoperability represent both a challenge and an opportunity,” explains Bill Betten, vice president of Solutions Development at Logic PD. “It’s exciting that at MD&M is providing a platform to discuss the ecosystem and factors that have an impact the design, development and production of connected devices. The discussions at MD&M will advance the innovation and implementation of connected medical devices over the next few years.
At MD&M Chicago, Logic PD’s Betten will serve as both track chairman as well as presenter and draw from more than 30 years of experience in product definition, development, and production in the medical devices/life science industry to provide insight on the topics.
- “A crowded radio frequency environment: Ensuring wireless devices can co-exist within multiple platforms” - In this session, Betten will explore the use of wireless technologies in medical device development. Key aspects of the discussion will include addressing current and future communication and connectivity technologies including Bluetooth Low Energy and Li-Fi. (Wed., Oct. 15 from 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.).
- “Interpreting the New Digital Health Regulations and Standards” - Chaired by Betten, this track will address which platforms will best support smart devices or an app and practicalities of getting it approved as well interpretations of regulatory guidance on mhealth and wireless medical devices (Wed., Oct. 15 from 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.).
- ”New Developments in Sensor Technology and Remote Patient Monitoring” - In this track chaired by Betten, presenters will examine the future of remote patient monitoring and analyze present and future sensor technology applications. (Wed., Oct. 15 from 3:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.).
- “Connected Health: The Importance of Systems Integration” - In this Tech Theater (booth #1233) presentation Betten will discuss the role of the systems integrator within connected device development and how to create the right infrastructure to support your user’s needs. (Thurs., Oct. 16 from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.).
At MD&M Minneapolis, Logic PD (exhibitor booth #238) will be featured in the conference’s “Wearables Technology Innovation Tour” on Oct. 30 from 2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Led by Logic PD’s Betten, the tour focuses on the latest innovations in wearable technology as well as the important things to consider in design. Tour attendees will be guided through the ecosystem required to create the right technical solution to meet the needs of medical device customers. Each of the companies featured in the tour (Stratasys, Fabrico, Phillips-Medisize, Flexible Circuits, Harding Energy and Logic PD) represents an aspect of the wearable technology ecosystem.
“Wearables and the associated technologies are evolving in the marketplace at a very high rate,” said Betten. “During the Wearables Technology Tour, we’ll demonstrate how the various aspects of product design and development come together to create innovative and impactful devices.”
About the Speaker
William Betten, vice president of solutions development, Logic PD, has over 30 years of experience in product definition, development, and production in the medical/life science industry. Bill serves on the editorial advisory board for the Medical Design and Diagnostic Industry magazine, as well as advisory boards for the Pediatric Medical Device Consortium, for St. Thomas University, and for Minnesota State University, Mankato. He also has provided consulting services to high tech companies, is a writer and lecturer, and holds BSPhysics, BSEE, and MSEE degrees.
About Logic PD
Logic PD (www.logicpd.com, www.logicpdinsights.com) collaborates with clients to help them launch products that accelerate their growth and capture value in the Internet of Things (IoT). Logic PD helps at any stage in the product lifecycle by being the complete product innovation and product realization company for connected devices in the world’s most demanding markets. From system integration expertise to embedded and connected device offerings, Logic PD helps its clients identify opportunities, reduce risk, and control costs to deliver innovative products to market faster. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, with offices in Boston and San Diego.
Editor’s Note: For a copy of Betten’s presentations or to speak with him about the topic of medical device connectivity and interoperability, please contact Kim Davis at Kim.Davis@logicpd.com
- Contact Information
- Kimberly Davis
- Director, Corporate Communications
- Logic PD
- (1) 612-436-9701
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.