Procserve launch strategic guide to procurement collaboration and shared services
London, United Kingdom - Procserve, the leading UK B2B Commerce Network, announces an eight step strategic guide to successful roll-out of a procurement shared service. The guide looks to dispel the myths surrounding shared services, while helping to provide valuable insight from experts from the procurement sector, helping organisations successfully embrace the implementation and planning of shared services for common functions such as finance, HR, and procurement.
The strategic guide analyses the key trends in the world of shared service delivery including:
- conquering the basic transaction processing functions;
- the move from pure data entry and process standardisation to more value adding services;
- and providing business insight on top of basic data processing capabilities.
Many organisations have already tackled functions such as finance and HR, but are now increasingly looking to target procurement, both direct and indirect with a shared services approach. Procurement processes vary by industry, category and often across an enterprise, leading many organisations to look to the CPO for advice regarding how such a programme can bring success. The strategic guide provides the CPO with the answers to the key questions.
The first question the guide relates to the vision you have for such a programme and indeed why you need one? The best shared services programmes provide a range of benefits to organisations including helping staff cope with a multi-ERP environment while providing valuable insight. Another issue that has plagued organisations is cost of deployment. Many organisations that have turned to a shared service model have done so at a cost that far outweighs the benefits, as such many CFOs view costly or badly planned deployments with a huge degree of scepticism – and quite rightly so.
The strategic guide answers the eight key questions that are imperative to the deployment of a successful shared services programme providing CPOs with the ammunition they need:
- Why are you doing this?
- Why close proximity is key for value added functions
- How you should implement a shared service across the organisation
- Knowing your enemy – how different organisational styles must be considered
- Why technology is only a small part of the whole solution
- Why it’s about quality and longevity of the change management process
- Communication – how to use believers to deliver the message
- How understanding motives is key to any deployment
Click here to read the strategic guide ‘Procurement Collaboration and Shared Services – lessons learned from a 10 year experiment’ by Paul Clayton, a veteran in the procurement sector.
- Contact Information
- Verity Brain
- Marketing Manager
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.