Chase Celebrates Its Support For Small Business With $3 Million Mission Main StreetSM Grants Program
Premier Sponsor Google to add its unique tools and insights to support grant recipients
Today, Chase continues its ongoing commitment to small business with the launch of Mission Main StreetSM Grants, a program that will award 20 grants of $150,000 to small businesses nationwide. Qualifying businesses that apply for a grant will gain access to a marketing Toolkit and a $150 coupon toward one market research study with Google Consumer Surveys from Premier Sponsor, Google. In addition, the 20 grant recipients will receive a trip to Google for an exclusive small business marketing workshop, a Google Chromebook Laptop computer and a $2,000 coupon toward one market research study with Google Consumer Surveys.
Today through October 3, any for-profit business in the U.S. with fewer than 100 employees and which meets all other eligibility requirements may apply. Full eligibility requirements are available at www.MissionMainStreetGrants.com/rules.
“Small businesses are invaluable to the growth of our economy and represent the lifeblood of the neighborhoods and communities they serve,” said Jennifer Piepszak, National Head of Sales for Chase Business Banking. “This year, we’ve expanded our grant program to help even more small businesses by contributing to their success and offering them insights and access to the best tools to fuel their growth.”
Everyone is invited to show their support for their favorite registered small businesses by voting through their Facebook account at www.MissionMainStreetGrants.com. Businesses must receive at least 250 votes to be considered for a grant. The public voting period is open from September 3, 2014 through October 17, 2014.
“The Internet has proven to be a vital pipeline for small businesses, and it continues to connect more businesses to their customers every day,” said Jon Kaplan, Vice President of US Sales & Operations, Google Inc. “We’re excited to join Chase once again for the Mission Main Street Grants program to recognize some of the great small businesses around the country and help them make the most of the Web.”The 20 grant recipients will be selected by a panel of experts representing a diverse group of organizations with a passion for small business. The panel of judges includes:
- Darla Beggs, National Board Chair, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Nick Cannon, Entrepertainer, Ncredible
- David C. Chavern, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Garzone, Senior Vice President, Marketing, National Federation of Independent Business
- Carla Hall, celebrity chef and owner of Carla Hall Petite Cookies
- Jon Kaplan, Vice President, US Sales & Operations, Google Inc.
- Chance Mitchell, CEO & Co-Founder, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Marc H. Morial, President & CEO, National Urban League
- Marc Nager, Chief Executive Officer, UP Global
- Matthew Pavelek, Director of Communications, National Veteran Owned Business Association
- Andres Peña, Vice President, External Affairs, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Piepszak, National Head of Sales, Chase Business Banking
- J.P. Torres, PR & Communications Director, U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation
- Candace Waterman, Chief of Staff, Certification & Program Operations, Women Business Enterprise National Council
- Joset Wright-Lacy, President, National Minority Supplier Development Council
“Small businesses are driving opportunities in their cities, recruiting talent from their communities and contributing to the ongoing growth of our economy. This program is a unique way to find remarkable enterprises that are ready for their next stage and we invite all businesses who qualify to consider applying”, said Javier Palomarez, CEO of the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
The program application is in English. Chase bankers are available to assist applicants who speak other languages complete the process. Mission Main StreetSM Grants recipients will be announced in January 2015.
About Chase and Small Business
The grant program is part of Mission Main Street (#MissionMainSt), a campaign that celebrates growing American businesses and raises the profile of select entrepreneurs to help inspire others. For more information about the campaign visit www.chase.com/missionmainstreet.
Chase serves 4 million American small businesses, and was named the nation’s No. 1 SBA lender for 2013, marking four consecutive years of approving a higher number of SBA loans and lines of credit than any other lender in the United States. Chase also remains the No. 1 SBA lender to women and minority-owned businesses. Businesses interested in expansion, hiring or working capital should contact a Chase Business Banking or visit www.chase.com/business.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto financing and investment advice. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,600 branches, 20,000 ATMs, online, mobile and by phone. For more information visit www.chase.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.