Delphi Forms New Technology Advisory Council
Global council to help keep Delphi a technology leader in the safe, green and connected space
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) announced it has formed a Technology Advisory Council as part of its ongoing commitment to lead the auto industry toward a safer, greener and more connected future. The panel of prominent global technology thought leaders will help guide Delphi’s product strategies and ensure that its investments in technology are driving the growth of the enterprise.
The advisory council includes global experts with strong regional diversification:
- Hamid Akhavan — Principal at Telecom Ventures LLC, an international technology-focused venture capital firm, formerly CEO of Unify Inc. and T-Mobile International.
- Jens Hadler — General manager of German advanced automotive engineering supplier Automobil-Prüftechnik Landau GmbH and professor for sustainable mobility at the University of Magdeburg, formerly head of powertrain development at Volkswagen.
- Magnus Jonsson — Formerly senior vice president of product development for Volvo Cars. Currently serves on a number of boards of companies related to the automotive industry.
- Ma Jun — Dean of Automotive Marketing & Management Institute and deputy dean of School of Automotive Studies, TongJi University.
- Glenn Lurie — Chief executive officer, AT&T Mobility, formerly president of Emerging Enterprises and Partnerships, AT&T Mobility.
“This council will help Delphi achieve one of our key objectives — to usher in a safer, greener and more connected automotive industry,” said Rodney O’Neal, Delphi chief executive officer and president. “These five immensely talented leaders will provide expert outside-in thinking to ensure we are investing in the right technologies that will create the most value for our customers and shareholders.”
The council will also advise Delphi on global megatrends and regional public policy. “Delphi deliberately sought out council members that are not only at the technological cutting edge, but also representative of the global regions most critical to our business,” said Jeff Owens, Delphi executive vice president and chief technology officer.
“For many, the automobile is the most technologically advanced product people use in their daily lives,” said Hamid Akhavan, Delphi Technology Advisory Council member. “What Delphi is doing with technologies in the areas of active safety, automated driving and zero emissions is truly impressive. I am honored to join such a prestigious group and excited to contribute to an innovation-leading company during such a pivotal time for the industry.”
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Delphi operates major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 32 countries, with regional headquarters in Bascharage, Luxembourg; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Shanghai, China and Troy, Michigan, U.S. Delphi delivers innovation for the real world with technologies that make cars and trucks safer as well as more powerful, efficient and connected. Visit www.delphi.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.