Rockwell Collins expands Pro Line Fusion® upgrade to include Pro Line II-equipped King Air 350 aircraft
- Intuitive, icon-based, touchscreen primary flight displays—exclusively available from Rockwell Collins—provide easy, eyes-forward operation
- Features larger primary flight displays and higher resolution synthetic vision than any other King Air 350 glass cockpit retrofit on the market today
- Upgrade is lowest cost, least invasive available and leverages original onboard systems, including the aircraft’s autopilot
- Landmark Aviation’s Winston-Salem MRO location first avionics dealer to offer upgrade
Rockwell Collins has expanded its Pro Line Fusion® avionics upgrade to include Pro Line II-equipped King Air 350 aircraft. The retrofit solution delivers next-generation, eyes-forward touchscreen capabilities on the largest primary flight displays and the highest resolution synthetic vision available for King Air 350 aircraft.
“Beyond the dramatic modernization and enhanced situational awareness that our solution brings to the King Air 350 flight deck, it makes the most economic sense since it plugs right into Rockwell Collins systems already onboard the aircraft, including the autopilot and communication and navigation radios,” said Craig Olson, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “It also increases aircraft resale value, and adds many years of life to the aircraft by replacing obsolete CRT displays.”
Rockwell Collins is collaborating with Landmark Aviation’s Winston-Salem maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) location to achieve a supplemental type certificate for the Pro Line Fusion upgrade on Pro Line II-equipped King Air 350 aircraft in the first half of 2015. The upgrade has an estimated flyaway price that is substantially more affordable than the current certified glass cockpit retrofit on the market, and brings a broad list of performance-enhancing capabilities including:
- Three interchangeable 14-inch touchscreen flight displays to optimize dispatchability
- Rockwell Collins’ patented airport dome on the synthetic vision system (SVS) that better orients the pilot with the destination airport from the top of the descent
- Built-in, geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display “own-ship” aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches that automatically transition to the airport diagram after landing to make surface navigation easier
- Target runway highlighting on the SVS and directional highlight arrows on the airport diagram to help pilots avoid runway confusion during takeoffs, approaches, and landings
- Touch-interactive graphical maps with high-resolution terrain, weather overlays, obstacles, and geopolitical boundaries
- Fully-featured flight management system positions operators for airspace modernization with localizer performance with vertical navigation (LPV) approach capability and radius-to-fix (RF) legs
- Pilot-configurable primary and multifunction display windows that can show any system information, including enhanced vision or security cameras
- A platform for future enhancements implemented via software-only updates
“We are really excited to be collaborating with Rockwell Collins on this project,” Landmark Aviation MRO Avionics Sales Manager Dwayne Chandler said. “Our years of experience with the King Air and Rockwell Collins avionics make this an excellent upgrade for our customers.”
Rockwell Collins’ award-winning Pro Line Fusion, which is featured on light jets, intercontinental business, air transport and military tanker special missions aircraft, helps pilots quickly and intuitively manage, monitor and master flight automation. The touchscreen, icon-based primary flight display solution for King Airs makes it even simpler for pilots to transition from the aircraft’s legacy avionics.
Olson added, “Our Pro Line Fusion upgrade program for the King Air 350 is setting the stage for a number of flight deck retrofit opportunities in the King Air market.”
Rockwell Collins has been the King Air flight deck of choice for more than 20 years and has been delivered on more than 2,600 King Airs since 1990.
About Landmark Aviation
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Landmark Aviation operates a network of MRO facilities as well as fixed-base operations (FBOs) located throughout the U.S., and in Canada and Western Europe. With 75 FBOs and 11 MROs, the company offers a wide range of services, including maintenance, inspections, avionics, interiors, wholesales parts, charter and management. Landmark is a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group. For more information, visit www.landmarkaviation.com.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management is delivered by a global workforce, and a service and support network that crosses more than 150 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.