Perth Naturopath Provides Natural and Effective Remedies for Mums who are Tired All the Time
PERTH, Australia June 2014 – A new study by scientists from Duke University in the USA* has found that women physically and mentally suffer more than men on less sleep. As sleep research begins to focus on the differences between the genders, some studies suggest women who lack sleep are more susceptible to depression, as well as a higher risk of heart disease, psychological problems and blood clotting (potentially leading to a stroke) than men**.
For Perth naturopath and herbalist Shannon Burford, fatigue and exhaustion in mums is something he regularly witnesses at Cura Integrative Medicine. “Being a parent is exhausting. You might be pregnant and your baby is sharing your nutrition as they grow. You might be a mother with young children who are supercharged with energy and keep you on your toes all day. You might even be a mum with older kids who keep you busy with multiple trips to after school activities,” says Shannon. “There are many factors that could be hampering your body’s ability to make energy; leaving you feeling tired all the time.” www.curamedicine.com.au
Today, people have alternative medical and healing options aside from modern medicine. At his Perth natural medical clinic, Shannon has witnessed more and more people turning to traditional, herbal medicines instead of pharmaceutical medication (especially when treating depression). “There has been a shift from ‘pill popping’ to more natural and herbal remedies that has been growing in popularity over the past decade, opening new doors of long term healing for people around the world,” says Shannon. “People are often told by a doctor ‘everything is normal’ after test results come back satisfactory. But often things can be missed because let’s face it; a 15 minute appointment is not enough time to understand the whole picture.”
Shannon reveals the five main reasons for fatigue that clinical doctors usually miss:
1. Subclinical Hypothyroidism - This occurs even when a person’s blood work for thyroid function comes out as satisfactory. It is best to dig a little deeper and investigate. There are a lot of co-factor nutrients important for optimal thyroid function such as iodine, selenium, vitamin D and tyrosine.
2. Poor sleep quality - People who get to bed late, struggle with insomnia or wake up several times each night are prone to fatigue. “If you are not sleeping well, you are going to feel tired all the time,” says Shannon. “The neurotransmitters responsible for your sleep quality could be unbalanced.”
3. Parasite or other infection - People who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or bad digestion could have an unwanted digestive infection. Parasites (such as Blastocystis hominis or Dientamoeba fragilis) can slowly wear down energy levels. These things are not tested in a regular stool test referred by the doctor, and many can be picked up from childcare or overseas trips and are not possible to visually spot.
4. Adrenal Fatigue – “Your nutritional reserves could be so depleted your body is starting to give up,” says Shannon. “You can only run on adrenaline for so long before it turns into chronic fatigue.”
5. Insulin resistance - People who feel sleepy after eating lunch, reach for a snack or coffee around 3pm, or suffer from poor concentration may be suffering from chronic fatigue. In the early stages of poor insulin utilisation, they will experience lots of fatigue and it will also affect their sleep quality.
Perth naturopath Shannon Burford says, “Everyone suffers from fatigue at one point or another, but if you are always tired let’s investigate it further.” For help with restoring energy levels, visit Cura Integrative Medicine or contact Shannon Burford at www.curamedicine.com.au.
- Contact Information
- Shannon Burford
- Naturopath and Herbalist
- Cura Integrative Medicine
- (61) (08) 9284 4644
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.