Ruby is now available on Cloud Jelastic
One-click deployment of apps and environments for any version of Ruby, new API and marketplace, expands the current Cloud Jelastic’s offer.
Lunacloud is pleased to announce that Cloud Jelastic, a next generation cloud platform service for Java and PHP applications, based on Jelastic’s technology, has been updated to its latest version 2.2.
Jelastic, the first solution that is able to deliver Platform-as-Infrastructure combining both PaaS and IaaS into a single, turnkey cloud solution, added the industry’s most comprehensive Ruby support, a new API combined with the industry’s only GUI for improved simplicity for developers, and a one-click app marketplace.
From now on, with the new improvements that Cloud Jelastic 2.2 offers, Ruby architects and developers can deploy new or legacy applications to the cloud without any code changes, providing them with a scalable, highly-available and secure environment in seconds, making it ideal for more demanding agile development and DevOps practices.
Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers several new key product features including :
- BYOA for Java, PHP and now Ruby – Only Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers a “Bring Your Own App” feature that supports any Ruby app, Ruby version or library engine including Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Rack, Ramaze, Exex.JS, all ruby gems, JRuby and GIT/SVN, without the need to change or recode, eliminating vendor lock-in and saving countless hours of recoding.
- High-performance Ruby support - Jelastic offers the latest Ruby app servers with load balancing for the highest performance. For example, Jelastic offers fast, easy configuration of Unicorn, Puma or Passenger with NGINX via the GUI or API.
- Unlike other PaaS providers, Jelastic’s Ruby support offers full access to configuration files for performance tuning and customization, providing leading flexibility for developers and DevOps.
- New One-Click App Marketplace offers 200+ popular apps available for one-click set-up and deployment from Jelastic’s GUI, saving time by automatically installing and configuring the application.
- Additional OpenShift Cartridge Support - added support for Jetty8 and 9, JBoss 7 and Apache 2.2
- New collaboration features allowing environments to be shared among users or groups of users
- Improved high-availability and backup features
- Beta support for Python
- Support for JDK version 8
With this service update, Lunacloud ensures an even more complete range of hosting solutions in a public cloud, for Java, PHP and now Ruby applications, that allows developers to deploy and manage their applications in seconds. Cloud Jelastic is the first and single solution to offer fully automatic horizontal and vertical application scaling in a cloud environment. The management console is highly intuitive, similar to the current management console of Lunacloud’s existing infrastructure services,Cloud Server and Cloud Storage.
Founded in 2011 by industry experts Antonio Miguel Ferreira and Charles Nasser, Lunacloud is the latest pay-as-you-go Cloud infrastructure services provider available to tech-savvy SMEs and start-ups as well as individual developers in the Europe. Lunacloud is a pure-play cloud services provider focusing on delivering reliable, elastic and low cost cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and platform (PaaS) services, on which you can run your operating systems and applications, deploy your code or store your data. Lunacloud provides Cloud Servers, Cloud Storage and Cloud Jelastic services. Lunacloud has offices in the UK, Portugal, France, Spain and Russia providing local support in English, Portuguese, French, Spanish and Russian and will be expanding to other non-European countries in 2014, such as Brazil and Colombia.
Jelastic, Inc., provides enterprise software that re-defines the economics of cloud deployment & management. Jelastic delivers Platform-as-Infrastructure, combining the flexibility of IaaS and the ease of use of PaaS within a single turnkey platform, at a fraction of the cost of existing virtualized environments. Jelastic, headquartered in San Mateo, California, enables enterprises and hosting service providers to unleash the full potential of the cloud and Cloud Jelastic services.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.