Two Indoor Rowing World Records Help Raise Over $7500 For Charity
1,000,000 m World Record Row Over 89 Hours At Rowbot Fitness Raises Over $7500 for Open Hand Atlanta and Kidney Research UK
Owner Charles Anderson and Crew Member Stephen Ebbett completed a grueling 1,000,000 m row on Sunday June 1st, 2014 after 89 hours, 19 minutes, 9.8 seconds to set two World Records on the Indoor Rower.
They nearly doubled the previous record for the†Longest Continual Row†;(previously 50 hours and set the bar for the†Fastest Million Meters†previous unset). Both were in the 30-39 Menís Heavyweight Tandem category, and required that they keep the machine in motion for the entire time.
The community came out in force to support the event with friends, family, and rowers from around Atlanta dropping by, and messages sent from around the world as people from over 25 countries watched and commented on the World Record attempt which was streamed live online.
Stats from the event:
- $5600 raised for Kidney Research UK
- $2000 raised for Open Hand Atlanta
- Distance Covered:†Rowbot Fitness to The White House
- Average Pace:†2:40.7/500m
- Average Calories Per Hour: 700
- Total Calories Burned: 62,500+
- Calories Consumed Per Day (Each): 6000+
- Water Consumed:†2 liters per hour rowed
- Weight Lost:†13 lbs (7lbs for Charles.†6lbs for Stephen)
- Average HR Before A Row:†85
- Average HR After A Row: 110.
- Average SpO2: 96, according to our†iOximeter from SafeHeart
- Hundreds of Social Media posts were tagged with #TheBigRow
- The Live Stream was the #1 Live Camera from Dropcam for more than 2 days of the event
- The Live Stream was viewed over 3,000 times from 25†countries!
- There were a total of 62 wardrobe changes (including full and partial changes)
For more information or quotes, please contact Charles Anderson via the contact information below.
Open Hand Atlanta
Kidney Research UK
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/48861/188714/188714-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Charles Anderson
- Rowbot Fitness
- (1) 678-310-3233
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.