NetworkWorld.com Enhances Visitor and Advertiser Experience through Responsive Design Relaunch
New design and functionality ensures usability and consistency across smartphones, tablets and desktops
IDG Enterprise—the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld—releases the enhanced and device agnostic design for NetworkWorld.com. The award winning site uses responsive design technology to scale editorial and advertising content to the user’s screen size, whether they are accessing Network World with a smartphone, tablet or desktop.
“Technology decision-makers are seeking content in a variety of formats during the purchase process, from articles and videos to social media; and the use of mobile devices to conduct this research is growing,” said Matthew Yorke, CEO, IDG Enterprise. “Living in a world of constant digital disruption requires innovation and evolution, we are excited to have Network World use responsive design to benefit visitors and advertisers.”
Website Enhancements Include:
- NetworkWorld.com enhanced through use of responsive design, including HTML5 and CSS3, to ensure usability and consistency for visitors using smartphones, tablets or desktops.
- Bold design with more prominent graphics and less pagination for a smoother reading experience, while maintaining ad impression impact.
- New navigation tools to optimize reader time-onsite, including lists showing what’s trending at the moment, a drop down menu showcasing what other visitors are reading, and the top stories as selected by Network World editors.
- Single, searchable “Resource Library” supporting all types of lead generation content.
- Insights from top industry observers through our Twitter stream.
- Shared functionality across IDG Enterprise sites for seamless execution of banner ads, lead generation and native advertising, making promotions more effective.
Network World’s editorial voice, content and design remains unique to the brand, while functionality has been aligned across IDG Enterprise sites including back end capabilities enhancing search functionality and digital asset management for displaying more images and video content. Navigation has migrated to a menu icon, next to the website logo, where visitors can navigate to key sections as well as trending content, editorial highlights and “parity bits” of interesting figures and facts. Ads and promotional units are highlighted in a “deconstructed” right rail optimizing effectiveness and native advertising will be threaded intuitively throughout the site.
“Our audience has specific information needs and our goal is to make it easy for them to keep up with the latest news, product developments and industry trends, while facilitating their project research and exploration of new technologies,” said John Dix, editor in chief, Network World. “The new site design helps us emphasize the big picture items we want to ensure visitors see, while keeping them abreast of breaking news and following what their peers are reading and what industry leaders are saying in the Twitterverse.”
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG’s DEMO conferences provide a platform for today’s most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.