Canon U.S.A. Announces New Version of ThereforeTM Information Management Solution - Simplifying How Business Gets Done
Improving the way information is managed throughout an organization, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced the availability of Therefore™ 2014. Therefore™ continues to enable users to easily capture, archive, retrieve, edit and process information quickly, efficiently and securely, helping to enhance productivity and reduce costs companywide. With a new Case Management feature, enhancements to Therefore™ Mobile App, and an easier way to create new Microsoft® Office documents, this new version of Therefore™ provides upgrades to simplify how information is managed in organizations of any size.
“This latest version of Therefore™ is a byproduct of user feedback from our global community of users, as well as strategic development by Therefore™ Corporation,” said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Therefore™ 2014 addresses the most requested needs of our user base, to help them dynamically utilize the information that drives their business.”
Therefore™ 2014 provides convenient new capabilities that can help any business more effectively manage their valuable information, including:
- Case Management: Providing greater visibility and control over information, while promoting collaboration, the new Case Management feature allows users to manage and organize a group of related files collectively within Therefore™. A case, for example, may consist of a collection of associated files linked to a specific project, claim or account. Now, with Case Management, all of those related files can be organized, viewed and processed together for a more efficient way of working.
- Creating New Documents: With Therefore™ 2014, users can now create new Microsoft Office documents™ from existing Therefore™ documents by utilizing Microsoft® Office templates. This helps improve efficiency by eliminating the need to manually enter relevant information from an existing Therefore™ document, thus saving time and reducing errors.
- Therefore™ Mobile App Enhancements: New in 2014, users can now take photos using the camera on their mobile device, and properly categorize, index and save these photos directly to ThereforeTM. The ThereforeTM Mobile App also supports the new Case Management feature, enabling users to search, edit and participate in workflows on the case level from their mobile device. In addition, Therefore™ 2014 brings support to Windows® Phone 8, Windows® 8 and Windows® RT devices.
- PDF Annotations: Users can now annotate PDF documents in Therefore™ 2014 using a variety of tools, including text boxes, highlight and sticky notes from directly within the ThereforeTM Viewer. It is also possible to add a visual personal signature and even digitally sign the PDF for added security.
- Therefore™ Universal Connector: The Therefore™ Universal Connector helps integrate Therefore™ with many Windows®-based applications, without the need for coding. Enhanced for 2014, the Therefore™ Universal Connector now supports the ability to integrate with many web-based applications, such as Salesforce.com®, providing an even greater user experience.
- Multimedia & Large File Handling: Improvements to multimedia and large file handling have been implemented, increasing retrieval speed of larger files and optimizing overall performance of the Therefore™ system. Users can now play video files directly within the Therefore™ Viewer, and also display thumbnail previews of videos for easy identification. In addition, large files can now be configured by the administrator to only be saved to ThereforeTM once, thereby reducing the amount of storage used.
Therefore™ integrates with Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE series and imageRUNNER series, via Canon’s MEAP (Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform). It can also integrate with Canon’s imageFORMULA DR scanners. It is available through Canon authorized dealers. Prices are set by individual dealers and may vary depending upon the version purchased, number of licensed users and implementation services provided. For more information, please visit www.usa.canon.com/software.About Therefore™Corporation
Based in Austria, the Therefore™ Corporation creates technology that works for people by providing innovative information management software. Therefore™ was founded in 2003 as ADOS and was renamed Therefore™ in 2009. Helping make companies more successful across a range of key sectors and industries, Therefore™ offers solutions that unite printing and scanning devices, existing IT systems and process strategies to improve control, efficiency, and boost productivity. For more information, please visit www.therefore.net.About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.###
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Microsoft® Word, Excel®, Outlook®, PowerPoint®, Visio® and Microsoft® Project are supported with Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 or later. Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project requires Microsoft Office 2010+ for Open from Therefore™.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.