Vungle Launches First-Ever In-App Video Ad Exchange to Put the Best Parts of TV Ads in Apps
Patent-pending technology allows frictionless buying and selling of premium in-app ad inventory and improved in-app user experience for advertisers and publishers
Today Vungle, the app monetization platform currently in over 4,000 of the world’s top apps, announces the launch of the first-ever advertising exchange built exclusively for in-app video.
Thanks to decades of TV commercials, consumers are more than familiar with video as an advertising medium. TV advertising is a $200 billion market. However, despite the fact that video is the most engaging format for in-app advertising, brands have traditionally faced significant technical challenges to advertising in apps. This meant that developers had to rely heavily on app install ads to monetize.
There were five main technical barriers to unlocking brand spend for in-app video ads: ad quality, user experience, brand-safety, evolving mobile video ad standards, and optimization. The patent-pending technology in Vungle’s new exchange removes all of these barriers, so brands can now confidently invest ad dollars into video advertising in apps, and developers can present their users with TV-quality ads, for the first time.
- Ad quality: Vungle Exchange will only serve high-resolution, high-bitrate 15-second video ads for a TV-quality ad experience in applications.
- Latency: Vungle has overcome historic technology barriers to low-latency ad-serving on mobile and now has the lowest latency in the market. Vungle Exchange can serve a video ad in less time than it takes the human eye to blink!
- Brand-safety: Advertisers are sensitive to where their ads run, and developers are sensitive to which ads appear in their apps. Vungle Exchange uses advanced controls that allow each side to better manage where ads run.
- Standards: Vungle Exchange will initially support the IAB’s Video Ad Serving Template (VAST). But Vungle has also built flexible server-side technology that adapts to new formats and creative types. Participating publishers won’t have to do any client-side work to accommodate new video standards and formats as they develop.
- Optimization: Vungle Exchange utilizes unique algorithms to optimize between app install ads and brand ads, depending on the user, to maximize revenue potential for developers and return on ad spend for advertisers.
The new exchange includes prominent partners such as SpotXchange and others. “We’re delighted to be partnering with industry leaders in video advertising to solve these technology challenges together,” said Vungle CEO Zain Jaffer. “This is a giant step forward and completely changes the in-app landscape by giving developers easy access to brand ads. Instead of annoying pop-up banner ads, it’s like TV on your phone.”
Vungle Exchange will support a wide range of innovative video formats that Vungle is developing and will debut over the next year.
Vungle is rolling out its exchange functionality in phases to select developers, but interested developers can prepare to access Vungle Exchange by installing version 3.0 of Vungle’s SDK.
Vungle is the way developers put video ads in apps. Vungle’s breakthrough video ad-serving technology and user-first approach has led to its track record of success helping developers monetize quickly and easily. Vungle was founded in 2012 and has offices in San Francisco, London and Berlin. For more information visit http://www.vungle.com and follow @vungle.
SpotXchange is the trusted video advertising platform for premium publishers, connecting them with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, DSPs and ad networks to ensure they achieve maximum revenue for their inventory. SpotXchange shows premium publishers and more than 1,000 world class advertisers that there is a better way to buy and sell digital video - with trusted solutions that guarantee total transparency, brand safety and real-time control in an open market or directly executed through the SpotXchange platform.
Headquartered north of Denver, SpotXchange has offices in New York,London, and Sydney and is ranked 6th on comScore for video ads served, reaching over 200 million unique visitors in more than 80 countries each month. For more information, please visit www.spotxchange.com and follow SpotXchange on Twitter @SpotXchange .
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/42381/187302/187302-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- James Christopherson
- VSC for Vungle
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.